Advice Request LinkAlert extension

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
This addon is last updated in 2014:
But its good one.
Is it ok to use it in the Edge?

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
This addon is last updated in 2014:
But its good one.
Is it ok to use it in the Edge?
The extension description is not wrong to date. It hasn't changed, since its creation.

For what it's worth... If you use userscript (managers) in your browser like TamperMonkey, ViolentMonkey or FireMonkey(firefox only). Then there is an even easier (read more managable) way of going about this. Only if you have such a manager installed, this would be easier, and it would mean one less extension. I won't advise it just for the sake of this one thing, though.

A very quickly written example userscript(.js) would be something like the below script. All this example does is to find a URL link within google.com (just to contain it for the sake of the example) and colour it in red. Does about the same thing, with the core difference being that this highlights the URL link rather than showing a new cursor icon. You can go even fancier than this, but I'm far too lazy to use my brain more. :p
JavaScript:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Link Highlight example
// @namespace   link highlighter example
// @description Highlights URL link(s) in red, ONLY WITHIN GOOGLE.COM
// @include     https://www.google.*/*
// ==/UserScript==

const links = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
let element;
for(let i = 0; i < links.length; i++) {
    element = links[ i ];
    element.style.color = "#ff0000";
}

1656266638736.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.