Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you find a good list of Free Internet Security software? I found a few using Google search engine.

Some Antivirus incorporate Windows Firewall into their Free or Paid Antivirus software. Would you consider that part of a free suite?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Sinu...

Here is link to AV vendor Give-A-Ways: http://malwaretips.com/forums/giveaways-contests-and-sweepstakes.75/

You have to go through the trouble of evaluating different ones on your specific system. I know it is a real pain, but there really is no other way.

You already used Comodo - and there aren't any real equivalent freeware options available.

You can try BitDefender 6 or 12 month trial. There is 12 month trial available at Cyber Raiden's site under "Give-A-Ways."

I had trouble with both BD free and paid on my AMD W8.1 system, but you may have totally different experience.

All you can do is try...

Reactions: LabZero
S

sinu

Thread author
Comodo Internet Security
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall
Outpost Security Suite Free
Roboscan Internet Security Free
360 internet security
Do check point still support zone alarm free antivirus + firewall because it is not present in the sitesite and are they using the same engine as kaspersky 2015 because no where engine version is mentioned

Reactions: saket
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Did you look into Fortinet ?

Besides Outpost, that is the only real complete freeware suite.

There just aren't any solid freeware suites beyond Comodo...

If you add antiexecutable - like VooDooShield or NVT ERP to Comodo - then Comodo itself is basically overkill - except for its firewall.

S

sinu

Thread author
Did you look into Fortinet ?

Besides Outpost, that is the only real complete freeware suite.

There just aren't any solid freeware suites beyond Comodo...

If you add antiexecutable - like VooDooShield or NVT ERP to Comodo - then Comodo itself is basically overkill - except for its firewall.
OK I will try

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.