List of rescue discs

M

MalwareT

Thread author
Here is list of rescue discs, if someone wants to know. If i missed some of them, you can post here.

1.Agnitum LiveCD
2.Dr.Web LiveCD
3.Kaspersky Rescue Disk
4.ESET LiveCD
5.VBA32 Rescue CD
6.Avira Rescue System
7.Windows Defender Offline
8.Trend Micro Rescue Disk
9.GDATA BootCD
10.TrustPort Live CD
11.eScan Rescue Disk
12.Zillya! Live CD
13.BitDefender Rescue CD
14.AVG Rescue CD
15.F-Secure Rescue CD
16.Comodo Rescue Disk
17.Avast Rescue CD
18.Panda Safe CD
19.Norton Bootable Recovery Tool

I dont understand why some companies are trying to make users to pay for rescue disc (Norton e.g.). :confused:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The main problem with rescue discs is they are complicated to use if you don't know what you are doing you may cause more damage then what is already done. If a system is highly infected it is always best to backup user files and reinstall Windows, it is the only sure way that you know that the system is 100% clean from infections not detected.

Thanks. :D

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
The main problem with rescue discs is they are complicated to use if you don't know what you are doing you may cause more damage then what is already done. If a system is highly infected it is always best to backup user files and reinstall Windows, it is the only sure way that you know that the system is 100% clean from infections not detected.

Thanks. :D
are you need to do is teach someone on how to use a boot cd to remove malware safely i can be a good teacher when it comes to boot cds like KIS and Dr.web

Reactions: MalwareT

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I needed one one of these, but which is the best?

Kaspersky and Avira

Alternative: BartPE or UBCD and an updated portable AV (Avira Antivir 13. Haven't updraded to the latest yet). No Boot CD, try Avast Boot Scan

Reactions: MalwareT and Oxygen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.