LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Happy new year 🎉
LMT AntiMalware 6.0, the first version of 2022 has been released.
Changelog:
  • Added HIPS Rules: You can create rules and apply them to 6 different events, LMT AntiMalware will block the events if they meet the rules.
  • CuteDuck engine: When a .NET process loads a module in memory, LMT AntiMalware will try to extract that module and scan it.
  • Other small improvements.
  • Fixed: Some minor bugs.
Homepage: LMT AntiMalware
----------------------------
1641298696554.png

1641298713831.png

1641298727944.png

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 5.8.4 released
Changelog:
  • Realtime Protection: Added Automatically scan suspicious processes with CloudAV. If CuteDuck engine does not recognize the file and finds it suspicious, the software will send it to CloudAV for scanning. Note: The software only sends executable files.
  • Realtime Protection: Improved Behavior Detection.
  • CuteDuck engine: Now the software will block application with digital signatures on the block list from MalwareBazaar.
  • Updated software uninstall.
View attachment 261375
Hi

if Cuteduck engine uses ClamAv database, what database that cloud uses? how cloud identifies malware? cloud uses virustotal?

Best Regards

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi

if Cuteduck engine uses ClamAv database, what database that cloud uses? how cloud identifies malware? cloud uses virustotal?

Best Regards
Hello,
CuteDuck uses a database based on ClamAV's database, Cloud Database hosts over 8 million hashes on the cloud and CuteDuck can use it to query. CloudAV is a true ClamAV running on the Cloud, CuteDuck will send the file to CloudAV for scanning.
Unfortunately Cloud Database and CloudAV will be shutting down soon due to financial problems.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Happy new year 🎉
LMT AntiMalware 6.0, the first version of 2022 has been released.
Changelog:
  • Added HIPS Rules: You can create rules and apply them to 6 different events, LMT AntiMalware will block the events if they meet the rules.
  • CuteDuck engine: When a .NET process loads a module in memory, LMT AntiMalware will try to extract that module and scan it.
  • Other small improvements.
----------------------------
View attachment 263348
View attachment 263349
View attachment 263350

Interesting evolution.
Means I test it today or tomorrow in video :)

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Why did you make it a freeware? You should find a way to monetize your software. Make a premium version of it that can be purchased.
Yes, I used to think about this. But:
  • I am not sure that users will spend money to buy this software when there are many famous free antivirus software and the default Windows Defender is also very good.
  • And this is a project that I maintain in my free time. If I create one more premium paid version, I will have to spend more time and responsibility with it, which I can't do right now because I still have my job. I don't want users to call me a bad programmer o_O

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Have you thought about creating your own company? Maybe try to find some other programmers who are interested in partnering with you and launching a business together. That's how some of the other famous software companies started out. Once you start to get a bit popular, you might get some offers from one of the major players to purchase your software.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Have you thought about creating your own company? Maybe try to find some other programmers who are interested in partnering with you and launching a business together. That's how some of the other famous software companies started out. Once you start to get a bit popular, you might get some offers from one of the major players to purchase your software.
I don't know, maybe in the future...

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT AntiMalware 6.0.2 released.
Changelog:
  • HIPS Rule: Added an option to show/don't show notifications when LMT AntiMalware blocks an event.
  • Web Protection: Added an option to allow the software to filter all applications. Note: LMT AntiMalware currently only filters on ports 80 and 443.
  • Virtual keyboard: Add dot and comma keys.
-----------------------
I've been quite busy lately because of my job, so maybe the development of LMT AntiMalware may slow down in the near future.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.