Lockhunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Don't know if anyone is aware of this piece of software.

Today while at work a friend brought me his laptop to clean up some nasties... Still trying to figure it out how exactly he got over 30 infections with NIS2012.

Since I always carry my usb stick with some of my tools I was able to clear all of them apart from 3 which Malwarebytes couldn't clean it and it kept being running in processes despite all my attempts.

Due to the fact that I couldn't get Internet access since the work connection is restricted, I asked for some unlocking software and a friend had this in his usb keyring: Lockhunter beta.

I use it and it actually did it's job. It allowed me to unlock the folder and then kill the process. Once the process was killed, Malwarebytes did it's magic.

Now this software works similarly to my favourite Unlocker 1.9.2 (1.9.1 if portable if not mistaken). I am sure there are other alternatives but well here you go, another tool to add should you wish to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.