Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
UPDATE:
Simple DNSCrypt: I Installed SimpleDNSCrypt a couple of days ago,and selected Adguard DNS..
Between then and this morning I had constant problems with losing internet connection.
I have glasswire installed,and I was getting pop-ups from it sometimes 5 or more times per hour telling me that Internet connection had been lost (sometimes for a few minutes,sometimes for only a few seconds)..
I uninstalled SimpleDNSCrypt early this morning and tried just the Adguard DNS on its own,and all has been fine.
This has put me off using SimpleDNSCrypt again.
hi adguardDns it self has problems. sometimes, I had internet connection problems that I could only connect to https pages, not normal http. I replaced aguarddns by google or opendns and it was fixed completely. IMO, Adguard is not really stable enough be used as primary DNS

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I also had internet connectivity problems when Simple DNSCrypt was installed. VoodooShield would complain that VAi couldn't access the internet. Webpages also sometimes failed to load properly. I used two DNS servers, which are the ones used by Umbra.

I already uninstalled it, and now internet connection is fine. I wonder why Umbra isn't experiencing this problem.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
hi adguardDns it self has problems. sometimes, I had internet connection problems that I could only connect to https pages, not normal http. I replaced aguarddns by google or opendns and it was fixed completely. IMO, Adguard is not really stable enough be used as primary DNS

I also had internet connectivity problems when Simple DNSCrypt was installed. VoodooShield would complain that VAi couldn't access the internet. Webpages also sometimes failed to load properly. I used two DNS servers, which are the ones used by Umbra.

I already uninstalled it, and now internet connection is fine. I wonder why Umbra isn't experiencing this problem.

Also have VS and SimpleDNS but I don't experience the issues your having or maybe cause I'm still at Windows 7.

I have some ,the disconnections appears randomly few times a day ; and i simply shift the DNS server in SDC; i thought it was because im in a country with not so good telelcom's infrastructures :D
Thank you all for your replies about this :).. It is really helpful for me to hear other members experiences :)

REPLACED:
I have replaced Adguard DNS with DNS.Watch,after experiencing a few losses in Internet connection since removing SimpleDNSCrypt..
So far DNS.Watch seems to be working OK :)...
DNS.Watch uses 84.200.69.80 & 84.200.70.40 ...For more Information visit.. DNS.Watch

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
UPDATED:
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free from 1.09.1.1235 Stable to 1.09.1.1243 Experimental Build
(Available @ Forums.Malwarebytes.org)

EDIT: @ 21:45 (UK Time)...
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free from 1.09.1.1243 Experimental Build to 1.09.1.1254 Experimental Build
(Available @ Forums.Malwarebytes.org)

ADDED SOFTWARE:
DeepArmor BETA
Early Observations-
Seems to play well with my other Security Software other than Crystal Security,which has produced the first & only alert so far from DeepArmor,and has resulted in Crashing Crystal Security a few times (Normally when DeepArmor Installs Sig Updates in a "Temp" Folder)..
I have made an exclusion for the DeepArmor Temp Folder in Crystal Security to see if it solves the problem..(I have not previously needed to add ANY exclusions to Crystal Security)

ADDED UBLOCK ORIGIN CUSTOM FILTER;
Kurobeats: Phishing Hosts
-Click Here (Details at Github.com)

The above filter has been added to the "uBlock Custom Filters" Spoiler on my initial Config post..
For convenience I have copied the Spoiler below;

UPDATED ON 10/11/2016- New Links are in Green

Below are links to 56 uBlock Origin "Custom Filters" .
Please Note that adding numerous extra filters should be done with a degree of caution.
I suggest to add maybe 2 or 3 of those that interest you at a time and check for any issues such as "Browser Slow-Down", "Web-Page Breakage", "Specific Site-Access Denial"..etc.All of our surfing habits differ,so just add the filters that you consider beneficial to you.

To add these Filters to uBlock Origin-
Go to uBlock Origin's Settings --> 3rd-Party Filters --> Scroll down to the bottom of the page and "Paste" the URL of the desired filter into the box provided --> Then Click on the "Parse" button --> Then click the "Apply Changes" button that will appear on the right side of the screen.

The "Click Here" Buttons below will take you to each respective Filter-List page.
Some of the pages may take a few seconds to load due to their size.
This will allow you to "Copy & Paste" the URL into uBlock Origin should you wish to.
Many of the Filters below are available on Filterlists.com, which has many more lists including language/region specific.

(PLEASE NOTE: Not all of these lists are updated "Automatically" through uBlock,so it is best to periodically empty the Cache and update manually)

Adguard Annoyances Filter‎ -Click Here
Adguard English Filter -Click Here
Adguard Mobile Ads Filter‎ -Click Here
Adguard Social Media Filter‎ -Click Here
Adguard Spyware Filter‎ -Click Here
Adversity -Click Here
Adversity: Extreme Measures -Click Here
AndlsH Blocklist -Click Here
BBcan177 -Click Here
Block-EU-Cookie-#####-List‎ -Click Here
Btgregory: uBlock Supplementary Blocklist -Click Here
Byaka: uBlock Antiskimming List -Click Here (Details at -Github.com )
Dawsey21- Main Blacklist -Click Here
Desbma/referer-spam-domains/blacklist - (Fork of Piwik referer spam) -Click Here
Fanboy's Anti-thirdparty Fonts‎ -Click Here
Fanboy's Cookiemonster List‎ -Click Here
Genediazjr Nopelist -Click Here
Hexxium Creations Threat List -Click Here
hpHosts/Ads & Trackers -Click Here
hpHosts/emd -(Malware) -Click Here
hpHosts/exp -(Exploits) -Click Here
hpHosts/fsa -(Fraud) -Click Here
hpHosts/grm -(Spam) -Click Here
hpHosts/hjk -(Hijacking) -Click Here
hpHosts/hphosts-partial -(Added to hpHosts AFTER the last full release) -Click Here
hpHosts/mmt -(Misleading Marketing) -Click Here
hpHosts/pha -(Illegal Pharmacy Sites) -Click Here
hpHosts/psh -(Phishing) -Click Here
hpHosts/wrz -(Piracy) -Click Here
Hosts.herndl.org/hosts.txt‎ -(Adblocking) -Click Here
Hostsfile.org/Downloads/hosts -(Securemecca) -Click Here
I don't care about cookies‎ -(kiboke-studio) -Click Here
Jmdugan/blocklists/master/corporations/facebook -Click Here
Jmdugan/blocklists/master/corporations/microsoft -Click Here
Joewein - (Spam) -Click Here
Kurobeats: Phishing Hosts -Click Here (Details at Github.com)
Ligyxy Blocklist -Click Here
Malekal.com/HOSTS_filtre/HOSTS -Click Here
MOxFIVE Personal Blocklist -Click Here
Nabble/semalt-blocker/master/domains -Click Here
Openphish.com/feed -Click Here
Osint.bambenekconsulting.com/feeds/c2-dommasterlist -Click Here
Phishing.mailscanner.info/phishing.bad.sites (Phishtank) -Click Here
Piperun's iplogger filter‎ -Click Here
Piwik/referer-spam-domains/blacklist -Click Here
Quidsup/notrack/master/trackers -Click Here
Ransomwaretracker.abuse.ch/downloads/RW_DOMBL -Click Here
Ransomwaretracker.abuse.ch/downloads/RW_URLBL -Click Here
Rickrolldb.com/ricklist -Click Here
Security-research.dyndns.org/ponmocup-infected-domains Click Here-
StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts‎ -Click Here
Threatcrowd.org/feeds/domains -Click Here
Toshiya44: "Almost Stable" Filters -Click Here
Vxvault.net//URL_List -Click Here
Youtube: Pure Video Experience‎ -Click Here
Zant95/hosts/master/hosts‎‎ -(Blocks Download Sites) -Click Here

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

DeepArmor BETA
Early Observations-
Seems to play well with my other Security Software other than Crystal Security,which has produced the first & only alert so far from DeepArmor,and has resulted in Crashing Crystal Security a few times (Normally when DeepArmor Installs Sig Updates in a "Temp" Folder)..
I have made an exclusion for the DeepArmor Temp Folder in Crystal Security to see if it solves the problem..(I have not previously needed to add ANY exclusions to Crystal Security)
I joined DeepArmor Beta yesterday. It mentioned you will get an email in few days regards beta.
Can you post few screenshots of DeepArmor?

Here is another software machine learning/AI
Deep Instinct™ | Real-time APT Protection | Endpoints, Servers & Mobile Devices

Last edited by a moderator:

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
UPDATED:
Sandboxie Free from 5.15.3 BETA to 5.15.4 BETA. Available @ Forums.Sandboxie.com

The Changelog for the 5.15 BETAs is as follows-
Changes in 5.15.4
1) Fixed BSOD that can occur if your license has expired and you are using MS Office ClickToRun
2) Added "Always on Top" option to View menu. This will keep the SbieCtrl window as the top-most window.

Changes in 5.15.3
1) Fixed IE crash that occurs in Win 10 pre-Anniversary Update
2) Fixed several other minor bugs that can affect all OS's.

Changes in 5.15.2
1) Fixed printing crash introduced in 5.15.1.
2) Fixed elevated install failure introduced in 5.14.

Changes in 5.15.1
1) Fixed Windows 10 build 14942 error SBIE2205 Service not implemented: SetWindowLong8.
Voodoo Shield Pro from 3.45b BETA to 3.47 BETA.
Details and Download link @ WildersSecurity: Voodoo Shield Thread- VS 3.47 BETA

ADDED UBLOCK ORIGIN CUSTOM FILTERS:

Btgregory: Gnuzilla Tracker Blacklist --Click Here
The Above Filter is a working mirror of the Gnuzilla Blacklist (AKA: Block All Well Known Privacy Trackers) which is currently offline.
The list itself was last updated on April 6th,and has 20,816 Entries.

ZPacman: Blockzilla -Click Here
This Filter Blocks Ads & Trackers,and currently has 720+ Entries. Details @ ZPacman.Github.io/Blockzilla

The above filters have been added to the "uBlock Custom Filters" Spoiler on my initial Config post..
For convenience I have copied the Spoiler below;

UPDATED ON 13/11/2016- New Links are in Green

Below are links to 58 uBlock Origin "Custom Filters" .
Please Note that adding numerous extra filters should be done with a degree of caution.
I suggest to add maybe 2 or 3 of those that interest you at a time and check for any issues such as "Browser Slow-Down", "Web-Page Breakage", "Specific Site-Access Denial"..etc.All of our surfing habits differ,so just add the filters that you consider beneficial to you.

To add these Filters to uBlock Origin-
Go to uBlock Origin's Settings --> 3rd-Party Filters --> Scroll down to the bottom of the page and "Paste" the URL of the desired filter into the box provided --> Then Click on the "Parse" button --> Then click the "Apply Changes" button that will appear on the right side of the screen.

The "Click Here" Buttons below will take you to each respective Filter-List page.
Some of the pages may take a few seconds to load due to their size.
This will allow you to "Copy & Paste" the URL into uBlock Origin should you wish to.
Many of the Filters below are available on Filterlists.com, which has many more lists including language/region specific.

(PLEASE NOTE: Not all of these lists are updated "Automatically" through uBlock,so it is best to periodically empty the Cache and update manually)

Adguard Annoyances Filter‎ -Click Here
Adguard English Filter -Click Here
Adguard Mobile Ads Filter‎ -Click Here
Adguard Social Media Filter‎ -Click Here
Adguard Spyware Filter‎ -Click Here
Adversity -Click Here
Adversity: Extreme Measures -Click Here
AndlsH Blocklist -Click Here
BBcan177 -Click Here
Block-EU-Cookie-#####-List‎ -Click Here
Btgregory: Gnuzilla Blacklist (Working Mirror Of "Block all Well known Privacy Trackers",which is Offline) -Click Here
Btgregory: uBlock Supplementary Blocklist -Click Here
Byaka: uBlock Antiskimming List -Click Here (Details at -Github.com )
Dawsey21- Main Blacklist -Click Here
Desbma/referer-spam-domains/blacklist - (Fork of Piwik referer spam) -Click Here
Fanboy's Anti-thirdparty Fonts‎ -Click Here
Fanboy's Cookiemonster List‎ -Click Here
Genediazjr Nopelist -Click Here
Hexxium Creations Threat List -Click Here
hpHosts/Ads & Trackers -Click Here
hpHosts/emd -(Malware) -Click Here
hpHosts/exp -(Exploits) -Click Here
hpHosts/fsa -(Fraud) -Click Here
hpHosts/grm -(Spam) -Click Here
hpHosts/hjk -(Hijacking) -Click Here
hpHosts/hphosts-partial -(Added to hpHosts AFTER the last full release) -Click Here
hpHosts/mmt -(Misleading Marketing) -Click Here
hpHosts/pha -(Illegal Pharmacy Sites) -Click Here
hpHosts/psh -(Phishing) -Click Here
hpHosts/wrz -(Piracy) -Click Here
Hosts.herndl.org/hosts.txt‎ -(Adblocking) -Click Here
Hostsfile.org/Downloads/hosts -(Securemecca) -Click Here
I don't care about cookies‎ -(kiboke-studio) -Click Here
Jmdugan/blocklists/master/corporations/facebook -Click Here
Jmdugan/blocklists/master/corporations/microsoft -Click Here
Joewein - (Spam) -Click Here
Kurobeats: Phishing Hosts -Click Here (Details at Github.com)
Ligyxy Blocklist -Click Here
Malekal.com/HOSTS_filtre/HOSTS -Click Here
MOxFIVE Personal Blocklist -Click Here
Nabble/semalt-blocker/master/domains -Click Here
Openphish.com/feed -Click Here
Osint.bambenekconsulting.com/feeds/c2-dommasterlist -Click Here
Phishing.mailscanner.info/phishing.bad.sites (Phishtank) -Click Here
Piperun's iplogger filter‎ -Click Here
Piwik/referer-spam-domains/blacklist -Click Here
Quidsup/notrack/master/trackers -Click Here
Ransomwaretracker.abuse.ch/downloads/RW_DOMBL -Click Here
Ransomwaretracker.abuse.ch/downloads/RW_URLBL -Click Here
Rickrolldb.com/ricklist -Click Here
Security-research.dyndns.org/ponmocup-infected-domains Click Here-
StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts‎ -Click Here
Threatcrowd.org/feeds/domains -Click Here
Toshiya44: "Almost Stable" Filters -Click Here
Vxvault.net//URL_List -Click Here
Youtube: Pure Video Experience‎ -Click Here
Zant95/hosts/master/hosts‎‎ -(Blocks Download Sites) -Click Here
ZPacman: Blockzilla (Blocks Ads & Trackers) -Click Here (Details @ ZPacman.Github.io/Blockzilla)

Nice, more uBlock goodies. :)
Yes :).. And now some more :D
I joined DeepArmor Beta yesterday. It mentioned you will get an email in few days regards beta.
Can you post few screenshots of DeepArmor?

Here is another software machine learning/AI
Deep Instinct™ | Real-time APT Protection | Endpoints, Servers & Mobile Devices
It's great to have other members of MT as DeepArmor BETA-Testers..:) I hope that you are enjoying it.
I think that @_CyberGhosT_ has posted the only screenshots available of DeepArmor already.
Thank you for the Deep Instinct Link :)

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I recently signed up for beta, haven't got the invitation mail yet.
Can you please direct me to CG posted screenshots?
Hi Yash :).. Some new screenshots of DeepArmor below:

snipaste20161114_141121.png

snipaste20161114_141137.png

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thank you for the screen.

How is it?

How do you find it for average users?
I would also like to know. its a new piece of software for me :)
It seems fine :)
Other than my having to allow Crystal Security initially,I have not had any other alerts from it at all.
With the Crystal Security detection I was given a "Block" or "Ignore" option (You can see the 2 buttons on the first screenshot)
The "Quarantine"/"Restore" did not come into play at all for this,so I am guessing that there is a distinction in DeepArmor's detection between a "Suspicious" or "Dangerous" file.
You can see the "Confidence Percentage" of DeepArmor's Block in the first screenshot too.

Since installation of DeepArmor I have updated various other Beta versions of software (Sandboxie,MBAE,VS),and installed "Snipaste"...I got my usual prompts from ZoneAlarm,Crystal Security,SpyShelter etc,yet DeepArmor remained silent throughout.

As you can see from the screenshots it is very minimalist in appearance.
There are no settings/options to configure at all.It is pretty much "Set and forget".
I imagine a scenario where this is installed on all PCs in an office.It would require very little interaction from individual users,and they would not have any settings to "tinker with".
So far I am happy with it.:)

koko

Level 5
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
It seems fine :)
Other than my having to allow Crystal Security initially,I have not had any other alerts from it at all.
With the Crystal Security detection I was given a "Block" or "Ignore" option (You can see the 2 buttons on the first screenshot)
The "Quarantine"/"Restore" did not come into play at all for this,so I am guessing that there is a distinction in DeepArmor's detection between a "Suspicious" or "Dangerous" file.
You can see the "Confidence Percentage" of DeepArmor's Block in the first screenshot too.

Since installation of DeepArmor I have updated various other Beta versions of software (Sandboxie,MBAE,VS),and installed "Snipaste"...I got my usual prompts from ZoneAlarm,Crystal Security,SpyShelter etc,yet DeepArmor remained silent throughout.

As you can see from the screenshots it is very minimalist in appearance.
There are no settings/options to configure at all.It is pretty much "Set and forget".
I imagine a scenario where this is installed on all PCs in an office.It would require very little interaction from individual users,and they would not have any settings to "tinker with".
So far I am happy with it.:)

Thanks for the info! Serms indeed a set and forget :)

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Is DeepArmor running light?

How many processes?
It feels very light :)

A little more Information-

The initial download is a zipped file:
snipaste20161114_195027.jpg

My Firewall Indicates the presence of the following:
  • DeepArmor Cognitive Anti-Malware Client [Temp File in App Data]
  • Sparkcognition DeepArmor [502Kb File in Program Files]
  • Strings.exe [811Kb File in Program Files]
The Memory usage varies of course,and I generally do not look at the figures unless something "Feels" wrong.
Since you asked,I monitored it for a few hours and captured some Images.
The below 3 memory usage Images show the variation between the lowest and highest that I saw while monitoring it...

snipaste20161114_203125.png

snipaste20161114_204715.png

snipaste20161114_205038.png

UPDATED:
Voodoo Shield Pro
from 3.47 BETA to 3.48 BETA
For Details see the following post-
Voodooshield Releases

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Its light & installer size, program files, etc is light too i.e small size.

Hope stable build is not very far And protection will be good & easy to use i.e not much hassles.

Thank You for the details & info.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.