HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Anyone knows of an endpoint security software that can be used on my laptop?

No expensive hardware here, no Windows Server here....just for personal use on a laptop running Win 10 Pro

Here are some endpoint solution software but I believe most are NOT suitable for Win 10 Pro on a laptop use, right?

Best Endpoint Protection Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd

Last edited:
Reactions: given and SHvFl

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I must insist on what my mate above said... Anyways, if you really are interested in endpoint security, i used to think Symantec owned the area but i heard a couple of customers talk about lots of infection the product never stopped (never even realised). I've heard some nice things about Panda despite i do not like that product. I'd risk it all and say Kaspersky since it's home products are excellent :p

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

-Bitdefender Gravity Zone works very light (but very cloud dependent ).
-Symantec being a industry leader in endpoint protection for long time.
and my last options are Kaspersky and Trend micro ,both give u control (that needed in endpoint and enterprise arena) and well known protection.
( Don't give a chance to small companies )

Reactions: given and SHvFl

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
from what i have sen i would definitely go with either Trend Micro or McAfee . Their downside might be their heaviness but they both offer exellent protection. Even Norton is just as good

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

from what i have sen i would definitely go with either Trend Micro or McAfee . Their downside might be their heaviness but they both offer exellent protection. Even Norton is just as good
I have allergy to McAfee :D but agree with your point.

Reactions: given and frogboy

jazzmaster

Level 1
Verified
Aug 20, 2017
How about Eset Endpoint Security, it is lightweight.
I don't know about other endpoint product cause didn't try all yet. :)
CMIIW

Reactions: given

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I can see why some people would be interested in installing endpoint software on personal machines. They are often lighter and offer a greater degree of control than the normal home user software. They are also more expensive and I know no vendor that would sell just one license. Some won't even sell to you unless you are a company.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi guys

Thanks. I know you have great suggestions like endpoint solution from

1) McAfee
2) Symantec
3) Comodo
4) ESET
5) Trend Micro
6) BitDefender

but which offers single license for use on laptop running Win 10 Pro?

Reactions: Fritz and given
F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Hi guys

Thanks. I know you have great suggestions like endpoint solution from

1) McAfee
2) Symantec
3) Comodo
4) ESET
5) Trend Micro
6) BitDefender

but which offers single license for use on laptop running Win 10 Pro?
as you know enterprise solution pricing usually lead you to " contact us " and in my personal experience ( Test ) 30 days trial is enough.
So I think you need to " Contact us " :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.