Looking for Dark Themes for Windows 8.1

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I'm currently using a dark theme namely 'After dark CC'. It would be great if I can get my hands on some other dark themes also. Can MT members provide some links where I can get dark themes? (btw I'm using windows 8.1 Pro x64)

Thanks

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015

That's a tutorial!!! what I'm asking for is a website from where I can download a numbers of dark themes. Btw, I do use deviantart & skinpacks. But I'm kinda bored with these two websites, that's why I post this in MT. Hopefully, 'will get some useful links. thanks anyway.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you use Ultra UX Theme Patcher to patch the system files, or another app or method?

Back in the day, on XP to 7, I would custom visual styles, but haven't looked at it since Windows 8.1, so I can't really recommend any good ones.

I do think Rainmeter is a suitable alternative and is open-source. No patching required.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Over 4 years ago - I mostly got them from DeviantArt

So do I. I do use deviantart & skinpacks for downloading theme packs.

What's preventing you from upgrading to Windows 10?

Now, from where I should start. I do use Windows 10 in virtual machine & till now haven't got a reliable way to protect privacy upto a greater extent. There are many 3rd party apps for this, but most of them do more harm than help. There were many instances when I had to reset whole windows after an upgrade or update because of incompatibility with security software. If I will find a way to set windows 10 in my desired config,then may be I will think of giving it a try on my machine.Till then I have to use windows 8.1. If it weren't spectre & meltdown, I wouldn't leave windows 7.

Reactions: Weebarra

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
You probley have already checked these sites out but am posting them anyway

yea... but thanks anyway.

QUOTE="CyberTech, post: 742844, member: 67474"]if you are lazy to search for dark themes you can post it there they may help you[/QUOTE]

...thanks for slagging me off, mate. Yea, I'm a lazy scum that's why I do rely upon computer. btw, thanks for Themes for Windows 8/8.1.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.