Troubleshoot Lost internet after removing files with malwarebytes

Adam_cox

Thread author
Aug 30, 2016
There was a Trojan virus on my computer and lots of PUP files. So I went and installed malware bytes and scanned my computer. After the scan had finished there was around 80 programs or files that I didn't want on my computer so I removed them all and restarted my computer. When it had loaded up I saw that I wasn't connected to the Internet even though my wireless adapted was in my computer. I tried updating to driver and troubleshooting the issue but nothing has worked. Then I looked at my proxy and dns settings and nothing changed. Finally I did a disk scan using the command prompt but nothing had worked.
Please help me

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Don't know if of any use, but when I do scans, I quarantine stuff and then investigate exactly what the items are. If malicious, they get removed, if safe/false positive they get restored. It's simple and avoids deleting files that could be important. Just my two cents anyway:cool:

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well sometimes the detection capabilities like MBAM will surely kill the possible malicious ones even it is just bind woth malicipus code that needs only to repair to store the legitimate ones. Care to post the scan log made.

Upvote 0

MiguelPratas819

Level 2
Verified
Jul 8, 2015
I´d recommend using adwcleaner because some PUP damage internet and if your remove them directly it may interfere with your network (example: safeguard). I´m not from Removal assistance though, so don´t follow what I just said if you don´t want to. ;) Good luck in solving your problem.
Sorry bad english

Upvote 0

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Open up Command Prompt > type in ' IPCONFIG /ALL '

That will tell you what's damaged. Reinstall the damaged component and you should be fine.

If all else fails, run Startup Repair.

You're welcome.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.