Troubleshoot Lumia 950 cannot connect to Windows 10 PC using USB cable

Moi61

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Please help me with my problem. I cannot connect my Microsft Lumia 950 to my Windows 10 PC. I only noticed this after I updated both devices to Windows 10 Creators Update.

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
What happens when you try? Do you get an error? Do other USB devices connect to your computer okay? Do you see your 950 in File Explorer as a removable drive?

Reactions: Moi61
Upvote 0

Moi61

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
What happens when you try? Do you get an error? Do other USB devices connect to your computer okay? Do you see your 950 in File Explorer as a removable drive?
I cannot see it in File Explorer as a removable drive. I also have Samsung Galaxy S7 but its OK. only my Lumia 950.

Upvote 0

Moi61

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Thank you for your recommendations my friend. Maybe, I will just wait for the next update if it will be fixed. I do not like to reset it also.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Thank you for your recommendations my friend. Maybe, I will just wait for the next update if it will be fixed. I do not like to reset it also.
Download Windows Device recovery tool, i'm not asking to reset the device. I'm saying there are some uefi based driver for lumias that are missing in w10.

Upvote 0

Moi61

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
I already tried Vasudev but it said that it is already updated to the latest version and nothing more. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I already tried Vasudev but it said that it is already updated to the latest version and nothing more. Thank you.
Check your Windows Update history, if you see windows portable device driver dated Feb 2015/2016, please roll back to previous version to fix that rare nug through device manager.

Upvote 0

Moi61

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Vasudev, my update history started on April 2016 because I updated my Windows to Creator's update.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Just check in device manager for portable device. Be sure to tick mark "Show hidden devices" in View Tab. If you see a option to rollback driver, simply do it.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.