Advanced Security M4RT1NE2 Security Configuration 2024

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 94633
  • Start date Start date
Last updated
Feb 20, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Microsoft Defender + WHHL
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Auto playback - disabled
O&O shut up 11 (recommended settings)
O&O App Buster ((system slimmed down)
Periodic malware scanners
Scan once a month using the following scanners:
  • EMSISOFT
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • NPE
  • KVRT
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome with
  • Ublock Origin
  • AVG Online Security
Secure DNS
Quad9 DNS
Desktop VPN
Windscribe VPN
Password and passkey manager
KeePass 2.x
Maintenance tools
HiBit Uninstaller
BleachBit
CCleaner
File and photo backups
Hasleo Backup Suite
AOMEI Backupper Standard
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Once every fortnight, the entire system partition is copied to an external drive.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
ACER AN515-54-551F
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

The battery on the laptop I have noticed now drains quickly having this kit. Already with full scanning I have noticed this.
Do you also have this ?
This morning with Avira installed I did not have this problem :unsure:
 
The battery on the laptop I have noticed now drains quickly having this kit. Already with full scanning I have noticed this.
Do you also have this ?
This morning with Avira installed I did not have this problem :unsure:
No, I have tried it on desktop pc. If I do a full scan with my KSOS the cpu does not go into overload at all and the fans remain silent. Even when downloading suspicious files (which for kaspersky are false positives) explorer slows down and the wheel starts spinning due to WD's long scan).
 
I checked the software list you use and I thought it would never end. :D
Comodo Secure Shopping is basically anti-keylogger right?
If I were you I would replace Comodo Secure Shopping, O&O's, WFC with OSA.
Also I'm not sure how Opera VPN and NextDNS work together.
 
Last edited:
I checked the software list you use and I thought it would never end. :D
Comodo Secure Shopping is basically anti-keylogger right?
If I were you I would replace Comodo Secure Shopping, O&O's, WFC with OSA.
Also I'm not sure how Opera VPN and NextDNS work together.

Truth
OSA seems to be a paid product ?
I currently have Opera VPN disabled
 
SWH and VS Pro is not an exaggeration anymore ? :)
I use CSS only for payments which I make a lot.
 
SWH and VS Pro is not an exaggeration anymore ? :)
I use CSS only for payments which I make a lot.
I would pick one. If you paid for VS then that's the right pick.
In the past I used a very similar setup. Anti-keylogger, WFC, VPN, Sandbox etc. Not anymore and I haven't regret it :D but you have to discover what your habits and needs require.
 
For my purposes, I think that's enough. I can always revert from a backup to Arcabit IS (with the option of built-in banking protection) + VS Pro. Top it off with SandBoxie or Shadow Defender. But that's already a bunker
 
I'm a little disappointed today.
I have been unable to update the Avira Pro databases since yesterday.
I don't know why. Avira support is silent on this issue.

I restored from a copy of Macrium Reflect Free the image from Arcabit IS (729 day license)
 
Because I have Bitdefender on my other devices at home - I decided to install the 180 days version of Bitdefender TS on my laptop.

You'll probably think I'm crazy and I'm jumping around the packs like flowers - and so in my head I was supposed to test the Free version of Bitdefender - now I can install the TS version.

The laptop booted several times after installing the package.
The load on the laptop ? - It seems to me that it is lighter than with Arcabit IS. The system boots faster.

After the installation, the fans went crazy for a while. Now it is quiet. Everything runs smoothly. Opera does not slow down the browsing.
 
This is my consumption at rest

1.jpg

I had higher usage with Arcabit IS
 
I do not use BD VPN.
The anti - tracker doesn't seem to work with Opera.
I have BD TrafficLight installed in Opera
Right. You can disable those services
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top