Advanced Security M4RT1NE2 Security Configuration 2024

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 94633
  • Start date Start date
Last updated
Feb 20, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Microsoft Defender + WHHL
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Auto playback - disabled
O&O shut up 11 (recommended settings)
O&O App Buster ((system slimmed down)
Periodic malware scanners
Scan once a month using the following scanners:
  • EMSISOFT
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • NPE
  • KVRT
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome with
  • Ublock Origin
  • AVG Online Security
Secure DNS
Quad9 DNS
Desktop VPN
Windscribe VPN
Password and passkey manager
KeePass 2.x
Maintenance tools
HiBit Uninstaller
BleachBit
CCleaner
File and photo backups
Hasleo Backup Suite
AOMEI Backupper Standard
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Once every fortnight, the entire system partition is copied to an external drive.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
ACER AN515-54-551F
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

You have a good Polish AV. It would be nice to see a test as I don't think it's been tested in the Malware Hub or by one of our members. Suggestion for @Shadowra!

This is Arcabit 😉

Going back to the configuration, the UAC setting is missing. I would recommend setting it to Always Notified, which can block bypass UAC.

For DNS, there too I recommend NextDNS or Quad9 as far as security and privacy is concerned.
 
Thanks for the answers


UAC enabled (default mode).

I added to Chrome:

  • HTTPS Everywhere

  • Adblock Plus

Once a month, I make a copy of the entire system partition to an external drive using Aomei Backupper Pro

I use WIFI at home

As for DNS, I don't know much about it. So I leave it as I have for now.

Firewall set in MKS VIR IS

greetings
 
Thanks for the answers




As for DNS, I don't know much about it. So I leave it as I have for now.
Good thread about NextDNS
 
Thanks to your comments
I installed DNS: NextDNS for protection.
I understand that this is the free version ?

The program requires some settings after installation?
Or just install and forget?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a one-year license for AVG IS.
Currently, I have a Polish product MKS ViR IS / ARCABIT IS (this same product).
I will ask the experts: which package is better.
My experience in this topic is not extensive and I expect an honest answer from you.
 
I have a one-year license for AVG IS.
Currently, I have a Polish product MKS ViR IS / ARCABIT IS (this same product).
I will ask the experts: which package is better.
My experience in this topic is not extensive and I expect an honest answer from you.
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about MKS ViR IS / ARCABIT IS.
I know that @Shadowra tested Arcabit and AVG, maybe he can tell you more?
 
I have a one-year license for AVG IS.
Currently, I have a Polish product MKS ViR IS / ARCABIT IS (this same product).
I will ask the experts: which package is better.
My experience in this topic is not extensive and I expect an honest answer from you.

Difficult choice.

Arcabit / MKS has an excellent database (Bitdefender) but it is bad on unknown malware

AVG, like Avast is not always very responsive in signature, but its Cloud and IDP are very good.
 
remove MKS and add this:


configure defender set to MAX and basic profile in hard configurator.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top