Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Macrium Reflect Free Product - End Of Life (EOL)​

Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7167 is the last version to receive feature, compatibility or bug fix updates.

Will future security vulnerabilities be fixed?
  • Yes, security patches will still be provided until 1st January 2024. After that date we will no longer provide any changes to the v8 Free code base.

Can I continue to use Macrium Reflect Free?
  • Yes, you can continue to use the software in perpetuity, your license to use the software is unaffected.

Will Macrium Reflect Free have any new features or updates for future Windows versions?
  • Macrium Reflect Free v8.0 supports Windows XP SP 3.0 up to, and including, Windows 10 & 11 version 22H2. There will be no new features or support for later Windows operating system updates.

Macrium Support Forum:

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
My impression is that free versions have been available longer than other backup software. And the necessary features worked just fine. Wonderful.
I think the reason for the end of the free version is that the free version is so great that only the users who don't see the need for a paid version are increasing.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Macrium Free is an excellent product. A full image backup of my Windows10 Pro (from SSD toHD) takes less than 5 minutes, A restore takes a minute less. Not having incremental backups is not that painful anymore with fast solid state disks (and I don't even have modern M2, but old SATA3 SSD). For data backup I use Syncback Free, also a great free product, which only backups changed new and updated files (reducing the need for incremental data backups)).

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Macrium Free is an excellent product. A full image backup of my Windows10 Pro (from SSD toHD) takes less than 5 minutes, A restore takes a minute less. Not having incremental backups is not that painful anymore with fast solid state disks (and I don't even have modern M2, but old SATA3 SSD). For data backup I use Syncback Free, also a great free product, which only backups changed new and updated files (reducing the need for incremental data backups)).
Yes, backup is very fast and solid. I have used many products like Acronis, Aomei,EaseUS Todo Backup and many others that I can't even remember now. Even Raxco InstantRecovery, I don't know if you know it? Macrium Reflect's backup is even faster than that. It practically eliminates the use of InstantRecovery. (y)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Comodo developed one similar to Raxco IR, they gave up due to the grief they were getting, I used it for some time and appreciated it, Comodo time machine.
Raxco IR is not similar to Comodo time machine. Comodo time machine is snapshot similar to RBX. In Raxco IR in the GUI it uses the name "Snapshot" only in the name, but the process is of an ordinary backup, like any other backup program, only a faster backup process.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
InstantRecovery

@BryanB That's what I meant to say Copy/Update "Snapshot";)

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
@BryanB If it's Instant Recovery, did you remember now?
I have never heard of that software, I am a captive to Malware Tips, if it isn't mentioned here I would probably know nothing of it. I have pretty much given up on the snapshot theory except for restore points native to windows, still use it along with Windows backup, works like a charm for me but I keep it very simple, always.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.