Advice Request Macrium Reflect V 8 free edition

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Could not find if this information is available here on the forums. My bad if it is out already.

Majorgeeks.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
It is in a way if you scroll to the fineprint.
Our 30-day trial of Reflect 8 Home is the ideal way to explore what we have to offer with absolutely no risk. If for whatever reason you decide it isn’t right for you, any backups you create during the trial will still be accessible as the software reverts to Reflect Free 8.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
AFAIK from previous version 7 and 7.1, when Macrium Reflect version 8.1 will be released, then probably free version 8 it's available to download on homepage of Macrium Reflect. I remember this was the case last year with Macrium Reflect free version 7... Let's wait and see what happens this time ;)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
The procedure seems to be to let people try the trial version first, and then move on to the free version with limited functions. In my opinion, this is a good marketing method to make people understand that there are things they cannot do with the free version.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Here are the main new features of Macrium Reflect Free 8:
  • Restore has been renamed to Existing Backups. New functionality, such as the ability to sort files or view them in context of the backup set, have been added. Backed up files can be viewed in tree or flat list view in the new interface. Backup logs can also be viewed directly now for particular backup files (by right-clicking on the file and selecting View Backup Logs). The folder that contains the backup can also be opened directly now using the context menu.
  • Backup file name functionality improvements. New dynamic file names for backups are available. All it takes is to type { at the end of the file name edit field, or press the {-button to display the options. The variables support adding the name of the PC or username, domain, date, or technical backup information, such as the compression method or use of AES.
  • Support for the cloning and imaging of removable media.
  • Support for the exFAT file system.
  • Support for creating WinPE11 rescue media on Windows 11 devices.
  • German, Japanese, French and Russian localized versions are now available. Select Other Tasks > Edit Defaults and Settings > Advanced Settings > Language to switch to a different display language in the backup application.
You can check out the official announcement on the Macrium Reflect blog. It has links to support articles and contains other information that you may find useful.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hi all,

are you having trouble updating macrium reflect free v8? It doesn't seem to connect to the update server.

My version:
View attachment 261971

Manual update check from toolbar Other Tasks > Check for Updates...
View attachment 261972

(y)

Confirmed here on my Desktop and laptop too. I noticed first at last Sunday, but I thought it's may just temporary updates server issues 🤷‍♂️

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.