Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v7.3.6284 - 16th October 2021

Update For Windows 11
  • The rescue media now correctly automatically assigns drive letter 'C' to the Windows 11 system drive.
  • The rescue media now correctly identifies and labels Windows 11 for 'Fix Boot Problems' and 'ReDeploy'.
If this issue affects you then please create fresh rescue media after updating.

Server Plus Updates
  • The Mailbox Restore wizard could sometimes crash if the backed-up Exchange database contained corrupt or invalid binary data structures. This has been resolved.
  • On Exchange 2013 or later, filtering by date could cause some emails to not be shown, even if they were inside the date range selected. This has been resolved.
  • Several error messages have been made more accurate.
  • It is no longer possible to get the Mailbox Restore wizard into an inconsistent state by clicking on controls while the wizard is restoring or loading folders.
Rescue Media
  • The Rescue Media Wizard would not be able to add user-provided drivers if a more up-to-date version of the same driver was available in the Windows driver store. This has been resolved.
Retention Warning
  • The backup completion warning, when the retention purge deletes all backups prior to running the backup, wasn't being suppressed if the retention rules were explicitly set to retain 1 Full. This has been resolved.
Various
  • Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.
Source: Macrium Reflect Patch Details

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
It's a little complicated with Macrium. On their site, they offer version 7 for free. But if you try Reflect 8 Home, you can get Reflect 8 Free. I have this version.

Before you jump straight to the free option, why not check out Reflect 8 Home? Our 30-day trial of Reflect 8 Home is the ideal way to explore what we have to offer with absolutely no risk. If for whatever reason you decide it isn’t right for you, any backups you create during the trial will still be accessible as the software reverts to Reflect Free 8. Risk free backup software that just works!

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Macrium is really good software and worth paying for in my opinion (unless you already have an alternative like Acronis). However, wait for Black Friday prices !

The free edition is good for one-off back ups of the entire Windows installation, but the incremental feature on the paid-for version allows the user to take 'snapshots' which you can easily roll-back to if things go wrong. That's what I tend to use it for.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Macrium is really good software and worth paying for in my opinion (unless you already have an alternative like Acronis). However, wait for Black Friday prices !

The free edition is good for one-off back ups of the entire Windows installation, but the incremental feature on the paid-for version allows the user to take 'snapshots' which you can easily roll-back to if things go wrong. That's what I tend to use it for.
A backup/restore with Macrium Free, on my PC (SSD) takes about 8 minutes. Is a snapshot/restore faster to roll-back?

descker

Oct 28, 2021

In my opinion, it is the best backup solution out there. I find it incredibly easy to use and intuitive. I have always hated Acronis. Needlessly complicated whereas Macrium is a straight arrow.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Update only for users of older version 7 ;)
Bug fixes and Improvements v7.3.6391 - 18th November 2021
  • Rescue Media
    Some customers have reported incorrect drive letter assignments in Windows PE. This has been resolved.
    If this issue affects you then please create fresh rescue media after updating.
Source: Macrium Reflect Patch Details

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.