D

Deleted member 2913

does this version allow hourly backups, or that feature didn't come out yet?
I guess, now Macrium uses Windows task scheduler for scheduled tasks so you can edit Macrium scheduled backup task to perform hourly, etc backup...

Reactions: JM Safe

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
I guess, now Macrium uses Windows task scheduler for scheduled tasks so you can edit Macrium scheduled backup task to perform hourly, etc backup...
I am still on version 6, and it, too, uses windows task scheduler. So I don't think that is the new feature they were touting, but yes, you are right, you can get the same result that way.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

I am still on version 6, and it, too, uses windows task scheduler. So I don't think that is the new feature they were touting, but yes, you are right, you can get the same result that way.
So you dont want to use Win task sched...?

I am using Veeam Endpoint Backup And using Win task sched.... for backup every 2 hours And works fine...

Reactions: JM Safe and shmu26
D

Deleted member 2913

To fresh install V7, you need to download the PE package or previous PE package i.e downloaded with V6 is the same?

Reactions: JM Safe

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
if you have a recovery CD from version 6, can it restore the new images made by version 7?
to answer my own question:

Does Windows PE need to be reinstalled and new rescue CDs made? Will the old Rescue CDs still work?
Version 6 rescue media is compatible with version 7 images, however, we recommend that you update to the latest v7 rescue media after installation.

source: how to upgrade Reflect v6 to v7?

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
does anyone find that version 7 actually makes faster backups?
That's the main new feature, right?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

mlnevese

Level 15
Verified
does anyone find that version 7 actually makes faster backups?
That's the main new feature, right?
It's faster but to really see the difference you have to use incremental backups and turn on the Enable Block Tracking for Incremental Backus optin under Other Tasks>Edit Defaults>Advanced>Advanced Incrementals

Reactions: ng4ever and shmu26

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
It's faster but to really see the difference you have to use incremental backups and turn on the Enable Block Tracking for Incremental Backus optin under Other Tasks>Edit Defaults>Advanced>Advanced Incrementals
thanks for tip, that's the big new feature, I didn't know that it was disabled by default!

Reactions: mlnevese

blueblackwow65

Level 16
Verified
Enable Block Tracking for Incremental Backus optin under Other Tasks>Edit Defaults>Advanced>Advanced Incrementals what is this for ?

ng4ever

Level 10
Verified
Interesting thanks! Hopefully it doesn't slow down a pc.