Macrium Reflect v7 (Update: Download Now!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
does this version allow hourly backups, or that feature didn't come out yet?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
does this version allow hourly backups, or that feature didn't come out yet?
I guess, now Macrium uses Windows task scheduler for scheduled tasks so you can edit Macrium scheduled backup task to perform hourly, etc backup...

Reactions: JM Safe

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I guess, now Macrium uses Windows task scheduler for scheduled tasks so you can edit Macrium scheduled backup task to perform hourly, etc backup...
I am still on version 6, and it, too, uses windows task scheduler. So I don't think that is the new feature they were touting, but yes, you are right, you can get the same result that way.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am still on version 6, and it, too, uses windows task scheduler. So I don't think that is the new feature they were touting, but yes, you are right, you can get the same result that way.
So you dont want to use Win task sched...?

I am using Veeam Endpoint Backup And using Win task sched.... for backup every 2 hours And works fine...

Reactions: JM Safe and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you have a recovery CD from version 6, can it restore the new images made by version 7?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
To fresh install V7, you need to download the PE package or previous PE package i.e downloaded with V6 is the same?

Reactions: JM Safe

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you have a recovery CD from version 6, can it restore the new images made by version 7?
to answer my own question:

Does Windows PE need to be reinstalled and new rescue CDs made? Will the old Rescue CDs still work?
Version 6 rescue media is compatible with version 7 images, however, we recommend that you update to the latest v7 rescue media after installation.

source: how to upgrade Reflect v6 to v7?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
does anyone find that version 7 actually makes faster backups?
That's the main new feature, right?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
does anyone find that version 7 actually makes faster backups?
That's the main new feature, right?

It's faster but to really see the difference you have to use incremental backups and turn on the Enable Block Tracking for Incremental Backus optin under Other Tasks>Edit Defaults>Advanced>Advanced Incrementals

Reactions: ng4ever and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It's faster but to really see the difference you have to use incremental backups and turn on the Enable Block Tracking for Incremental Backus optin under Other Tasks>Edit Defaults>Advanced>Advanced Incrementals
thanks for tip, that's the big new feature, I didn't know that it was disabled by default!

Reactions: mlnevese

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Enable Block Tracking for Incremental Backus optin under Other Tasks>Edit Defaults>Advanced>Advanced Incrementals what is this for ?

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
so is this always running in real time or only when lets say a sheduled backup is done? Thks for the reply

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
so is this always running in real time or only when lets say a sheduled backup is done? Thks for the reply

It runs all the time if turned on, tracking all changes in your drives. When you backup, Reflect knows which sectors have changed since the last backup and it greatly accelerates the process.

ng4ever

Level 16
Verified
Feb 11, 2016

Interesting thanks! Hopefully it doesn't slow down a pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.