R

Rodney74

Well I have several Image BU programs.

The one I use exclusively is Macrium, so I was excited to get the new V7 for 20.00

I uninstalled V6 and installed V7. Right away I noticed 2 things different from V6, that troubled me.

1). If I clicked on a BU file I could not select delete it.
2). When you select browse for file, if you have several like me, in V6 they all show up, in V7 they don't.

So I uninstalled V7 and went back to V6

*My big hope was for an interface "GUI" change in V7 that made it more user friendly, but V7 looks exactly like V6

D

Deleted member 2913

For the info...

I am testing V7...

Tested with Shadow Defender...used SD for sometime & tried backup under Shadow Defender & after system restart those backups were not there & Macrium continued with its incremental successfully...Good Job

And tested interrupting on-going backup with system restart/shutdown/hard shutdown And it did well like Veeam i.e removed incomplete/damaged backup & continued with incremental...Good Job

I like it...
Light
Nice GUI
Fast
Good incremental backup size

The only thing is the big download i.e installer + PE i.e app 1 GB.

Currently trying it... (set to take backup "every 2 hours")

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
after installing version 7, most of my backup jobs kept on working, except for my full backup to an external hard disk. When I tried to run an incremental, it kept getting stuck in the middle of imaging the C drive. And when I tried to cancel the job, it did not respond.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

after installing version 7, most of my backup jobs kept on working, except for my full backup to an external hard disk. When I tried to run an incremental, it kept getting stuck in the middle of imaging the C drive. And when I tried to cancel the job, it did not respond.
Its a clean install or upgrade...

Reactions: shmu26
D

Deleted member 2913

I think I will roll back to version 6 for a little while, until they push out some fixes and features...
I think clean install will work for you...

V7 is a kinda major upgrade, V6 - V7, could be some issue happened with the upgrade install...

blueblackwow65

Level 16
Verified
A fresh install is needed use a macrium cleaner and install version 7 fresh, most of my incrementals take about 4 mins to do around 2gigs in size

R

Rodney74

I think I will roll back to version 6 for a little while, until they push out some fixes and features...
You would think 4 years worth of time, would leave software without the need of "sale to free testers"... and bug fixes.

D

Deleted member 2913

what do you recommend for a "macrium cleaner"? I would like my scheduled backup jobs to survive...
If there is no official cleaner, I would suggest to go with normal Windows uninstall And if I remember correctly...Macrium uninstall gives the option to keep, sched jobs, PE, etc...