Macrium Reflect v7 (Update: Download Now!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodney74

Thread author
Well I have several Image BU programs.

The one I use exclusively is Macrium, so I was excited to get the new V7 for 20.00

I uninstalled V6 and installed V7. Right away I noticed 2 things different from V6, that troubled me.

1). If I clicked on a BU file I could not select delete it.
2). When you select browse for file, if you have several like me, in V6 they all show up, in V7 they don't.

So I uninstalled V7 and went back to V6

*My big hope was for an interface "GUI" change in V7 that made it more user friendly, but V7 looks exactly like V6

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
For the info...

I am testing V7...

Tested with Shadow Defender...used SD for sometime & tried backup under Shadow Defender & after system restart those backups were not there & Macrium continued with its incremental successfully...Good Job

And tested interrupting on-going backup with system restart/shutdown/hard shutdown And it did well like Veeam i.e removed incomplete/damaged backup & continued with incremental...Good Job

I like it...
Light
Nice GUI
Fast
Good incremental backup size

The only thing is the big download i.e installer + PE i.e app 1 GB.

Currently trying it... (set to take backup "every 2 hours")

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
after installing version 7, most of my backup jobs kept on working, except for my full backup to an external hard disk. When I tried to run an incremental, it kept getting stuck in the middle of imaging the C drive. And when I tried to cancel the job, it did not respond.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
after installing version 7, most of my backup jobs kept on working, except for my full backup to an external hard disk. When I tried to run an incremental, it kept getting stuck in the middle of imaging the C drive. And when I tried to cancel the job, it did not respond.
Its a clean install or upgrade...

Reactions: shmu26
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I think I will roll back to version 6 for a little while, until they push out some fixes and features...
I think clean install will work for you...

V7 is a kinda major upgrade, V6 - V7, could be some issue happened with the upgrade install...

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
A fresh install is needed use a macrium cleaner and install version 7 fresh, most of my incrementals take about 4 mins to do around 2gigs in size

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
A fresh install is needed use a macrium cleaner and install version 7 fresh, most of my incrementals take about 4 mins to do around 2gigs in size
what do you recommend for a "macrium cleaner"? I would like my scheduled backup jobs to survive...

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
R

Rodney74

Thread author
I think I will roll back to version 6 for a little while, until they push out some fixes and features...

You would think 4 years worth of time, would leave software without the need of "sale to free testers"... and bug fixes.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
what do you recommend for a "macrium cleaner"? I would like my scheduled backup jobs to survive...
If there is no official cleaner, I would suggest to go with normal Windows uninstall And if I remember correctly...Macrium uninstall gives the option to keep, sched jobs, PE, etc...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
shmu26,

New version released........

Attached screenshot...
MRU.png

Reactions: shmu26 and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.