Macrium Reflect v7 (Update: Download Now!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Macrium Software

Macrium Reflect version 7 will be released on 26th February 2017.

A New Macrium Backup Engine.
Macrium Reflect Changed Block Tracker radically reduces the amount of time it takes to perform incremental and differential images by continous monitoring of the changes NTFS any formatted volumes. This is especially relevant when a file system contains very large files, such as virtual hard disk (VHD) files, where speed improvements are significant and can reduce the Incremental imaging time from hours to minutes or even seconds. Intra-daily backup scheduling will be available shortly after the first release to take advantage of this new technology.

• Incremental and differential up to 60 times faster: imaging time reduced from hours to minutes - or even to seconds!
  • Intra-daily backup scheduling available shortly after the first release
Instant virtual booting of backup images.
Utilising Macrium viBoot, you will now be able to boot images straight from the Reflect restore pane.

Macrium viBoot enables you to instantly create, start and manage Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines using one or more Macrium Reflect image files. Boot into the images you have made using Macrium Reflect in seconds, for validation purposes, or to retrieve data from old applications stored on a bootable image. At an enterprise level, you could recover an entire network environment in minutes.

• Backup validation
  • Retrieve data from old applications stored on a bootable image
  • DR replacement for failed machines
Upgrades
v6 Home Customers
All Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition licenses purchased between 26th November 2016 and the release of v7 will be eligible for a free upgrade to v7. All v6 Home Edition licenses purchased prior to this date will be eligible to a 50% upgrade discount.

v6 Business Customers
Any business edition of Macrium Reflect v6 purchased in the 12 months before the release of v7, or that have a current support subscription, will be eligible for a free upgrade to v7. All business edition licenses without a current support subscription will be eligible to a 50% upgrade discount.

v5 Customers
All Macrium Reflect v5 licenses upgraded to version 6 between 26th November 2016 and the release of v7 will be eligible for a free upgrade to v7.
After v7 is released there will be no upgrade path from v5 to v7!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If I remember correctly, I read at Wilders that users who bought Macrium Reflect Home 6 after 26 November 2016 are entitled to free upgrade to MRH V7.

MT giveaway license may or may not be entitled to free upgrade...I guess its a giveaway license so chances are less But you never know...

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
If I remember correctly, I read at Wilders that users who bought Macrium Reflect Home 6 after 26 November 2016 are entitled to free upgrade to MRH V7.

MT giveaway license may or may not be entitled to free upgrade...I guess its a giveaway license so chances are less But you never know...
Only 10 licenses. I believe MR can't be so stingy, right?

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Can't wait! Really good software.
Sorry for going off topic but is there any backup software that can backup installed software and their data/settings? Not the whole disk image or media files, just programs and their data?

ng4ever

Level 16
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Can't wait! Really good software.
Sorry for going off topic but is there any backup software that can backup installed software and their data/settings? Not the whole disk image or media files, just programs and their data?

I do this by creating a separate partition my SSD just for OS and Applications so the image is not that big. Then the other partition is for Games. Then I have another IDE 7200 rpm large hard drive for all my data.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I do this by creating a separate partition my SSD just for OS and Applications so the image is not that big. Then the other partition is for Games. Then I have another IDE 7200 rpm large hard drive for all my data.
Thats a really good idea. Not exactly what I was looking for but might be the best possible way.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I have a problem with version 7. My daily backup was scheduled to run at 9 PM. After the update it's now scheduled to 6PM and won't change, no matter how many times I edit it. Did anyone have this problem and found a solution?

ng4ever

Level 16
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I have a problem with version 7. My daily backup was scheduled to run at 9 PM. After the update it's now scheduled to 6PM and won't change, no matter how many times I edit it. Did anyone have this problem and found a solution?

Finally got the free upgrade to work by doing it through the program updating.

Same here but different time for when I had it set. Mine is normally scheduled for 3:30 am now it always at 9 pm no matter what I do.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have a feeling that the MT Giveaway license won't activate with this new version. After all, I think the reason why they decided to have a giveaway is for the marketing of this new version. :(
Told you not to worry, and I wasn't just saying that to be polite.
You know me, if I don't know I won't say anything brother.
I just updated from v6 to v7 with no issues, see SS below.
And yes this was from the giveaway key ;)
Reflect_SS.png

On the Scheduling issue, notice the "red" section they announce changes,
take the time to read up on the changes they implemented I did,
and there is some good info in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.