CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
1497980651_mailbird_medium.jpg

Mailbird is more than just another email client. Unlike most of the competition, Mailbird is designed to change the way you manage your email, scheduling, tasks, communications, and beyond.

However, it doesn’t require you to sign up for a bunch of new accounts and services. Instead, Mailbird lets you bring all your accounts onto one amazing looking platform where you can do everything in one place.

Mailbird is packed with apps, features, shortcuts, and software upgrades optimized to boost your productivity and save you hours in your inbox. Other features include Email Snooze, Video Meetings and Speed Reader, and also Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Asana, Dropbox, Todoist, Google Calendar, Moo.do integration and more.

Mailbird interface keeps your inbox looking zen, eliminates e-mail clutter with beautiful organization capabilities, and makes managing your e-mail a breeze.

Features at a glance:
  • Multi-account (Supports IMAP & POP3)
  • Complete touch support
  • Integrated messaging apps
  • Integrated task management apps
  • Unified Email Inbox
  • Contact Manager
  • Integrated calendar apps
  • Dark Theme - Change between the Dark or Lite theme whenever you like.

Mailbird 2.9.92 changelog:
  • Improved styling and performance.
  • Fixed an issue with downloading emails from dynadot.com.
  • Fixed issue with some contacts with avatar images not being exported when exporting to vCard.
  • Fixed issue where the first attempt to move a conversation from a folder after starting Mailbird would see it come back, for Yandex and other servers that doesn't support Message-ID search.
  • Fixed issue with Calendar or Contacts sync not working due to a persistent error.

Homepage

Download link

Web Installer

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Just looked up the program again for fun. It seems they consider Mailbird 2 lifetime licenses not update able to Version 3 (for free) if you can believe reddit.

You can believe it. I ditched Mailbird as they basically said the program may stop working at the end of next year and insists I subscribe to have access to version 3. I refuse to support a company that cheats their lifetime clients like this.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I hold two Mailbird business lifetime licenses. Initially, Mailbird quietly limited the lifetime licenses to version 2 and altered the website documents. Applying the new license policy only to new purchases would have been a fair approach. Vendors have started a trend of selling lifetime licenses for initial support, only to restrict or cancel them later. Wondershare's attempt to follow the trend with Filmora lifetime licenses backfired; they rectified it after a viral video and issued apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Ah i know that it happened to some Venders as Tweetbot App for iOS that was for best client twitter when the new verison v3 from old v2 you have to buy it i think lifetime license means v 1.0.0 until 1.9.9 or something like this that's why :/ they(Venders) should mention that.
Most vendors make it clear on the pricing page, license terms, FAQ, and purchase email. The information will be like, "The lifetime license offers free updates for the purchased version, or the lifetime license offers free upgrades to future versions."

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Trusted review seems to get a lot of one star reviews lately thanks to the handling of the lifetime licenses :D
The mailbird support there is doing it's best to phrase it in a nice way.

Example:
Without future security updates >2024 it's just dead in the water and insecure to use it in the long run.
Answer:
Quite the opposite - without security updates, a small number of integrations within Mailbird 2.x (e.g. Asana, Slack, Trello, etc.) may simply not work properly. Unless these integrations are maintained and updated regularly, then this can cause some of them to malfunction in the long term.

This will in no way compromise the security of Mailbird itself and of its native core features (such as sending or receiving emails for example), since these are completely separate from the app integrations which we support. So unless you make use of certain integrations, your copy of Mailbird 2.x will continue working well beyond 2024 and for many many years to come.

So they either are able to code a perfect program or how else can they be sure that there will never be any security problem in the main part of the programm? I mean it's not like Thunderbird would need security updates...

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
They are basically trying to pretend it's not a problem. I already pay for an Office 365 subscription so I just switched to the new Outlook. It actually is a great improvement over the old version. It automatically integrated to my Google Calendar and Microsoft's To Do, for instance, no need for a manual configuration as it used to be.

Antarctica

Level 1
Aug 20, 2017
They are basically trying to pretend it's not a problem. I already pay for an Office 365 subscription so I just switched to the new Outlook. It actually is a great improvement over the old version. It automatically integrated to my Google Calendar and Microsoft's To Do, for instance, no need for a manual configuration as it used to be.

Indeed the new Outlook looks good, but it seems there is privacy concerns with your passwords :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.