Make your video test requests!

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
After going through AV-C's September Malware Protection Test, I'd like to request you a comparison between premium versions of Avast, AVG, Avira, Eset, GData and Kaspersky in terms of online and offline protection, compromised and false positives, and use of system resources mainly on laptops. Thanks in advance.
@Shadowra Appreciate your test on above request :)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I didn't understand... Shadow Defender was not stopped?
I'll secondx2 a test of AppGuard, 1st requested by @Zero Knowledge and 2d by @ticklemefeet, not sure how to best design the test, perhaps with MS Defender? and see @Zero Knowledge's config suggestions. I defer to others more familiar with AG than I am. (I'm re-leaning & learning AG) ...when convenient for you. :)

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
see @Zero Knowledge's config suggestions. I defer to others more familiar with AG than I am. (I'm re-leaning & learning AG) ...when convenient for you

I'm not a AppGuard expert, more like an amateur user and I'm just parroting what I've learnt from forums like this one and others.

We really need that user who deleted his accounts on here and Wilder's a year or two ago. Now he was an expert. Forgot his name though, what was it?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I'm not a AppGuard expert, more like an amateur user and I'm just parroting what I've learnt from forums like this one and others.

We really need that user who deleted his accounts on here and Wilder's a year or two ago. Now he was an expert. Forgot his name though, what was it?
lockdown

Reactions: simmerskool

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Tests of AVs are plentiful nowadays BUT Firewall tests are very very rare. I would really appreciate it if you would test the effectiveness of some of the major stand-alone firewalls such as (in particular) Glasswire, Simplewall, & Evorim.

GlassWire in the free version does not block applications from connecting to the Internet like a standard firewall :/
But, the application is very interesting :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.