Sep 8, 2022

dicblue

Sep 8, 2022

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Looking forward with great interest to the Norton review - I'm trying Norton AV the most basic one without for me the unneeded VPN etc (for me that is) - Of course they want you to use all bells & whistles versions :eek:

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Could you test the Chinese software?
Micopint wisdom Intelligent Defense Software Personal Edition (free)
Downloa daddress:

Software homepage:
Looking forward with great interest to the Norton review - I'm trying Norton AV the most basic one without for me the unneeded VPN etc (for me that is) - Of course they want you to use all bells & whistles versions :eek:

Norton and Micropoint should arrive after Iobit and HitmanProAlert.

Micropoint I don't know at all so it will be a discovery :)

For the big comparison I was offered, I have to take 2/3 days of shooting so not before October.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Could you test the Chinese software?
Micopint wisdom Intelligent Defense Software Personal Edition (free)
Downloa daddress:

Software homepage:
I've tested this multiple times, most recently being late last year and it is terrible at detecting malware. I just tried it again and it still fails miserably. I didn't let it complete a scan this time, as I saw how badly it was doing. The first time I tested it, I did a static scan of a folder with over 16,000 older malware samples and it only detected 1,147. When I tested it a year later, I got the exact same result, despite it supposedly being able to upload unknown samples to the cloud for testing.

I think it would be a waste of time for @Shadowra to test it.

The free beta version of Antiy Antivirus, would be a much better product to test in my opinion. However, since it's only in Chinese, it may not be worth testing.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Took CatchPulse for 4 years for free for students. Now I would like to know how effective it is. Shadowra i hope for you. :D
I imagine you'll be very satisfied with it since you have their premium version which has the good AV module and whitelisting app. You're quite fortunate, so enjoy! (y) :cool:

BTW: the free version looks very weak in comparison and users should stay away.

Last edited:

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
I would be interested in a comparison test between Emsisoft Home and Emisoft Business (with activated EDR). However, I don't know if this is possible without further ado, since EDR will probably first have to monitor the active system for some time (if I understand that correctly).

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I would be interested in a comparison test between Emsisoft Home and Emisoft Business (with activated EDR). However, I don't know if this is possible without further ado, since EDR will probably first have to monitor the active system for some time (if I understand that correctly).

Indeed, an EDR must monitor a system during a given time.
However, I will ask Emsisoft directly for their products, I have a contact at their place

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
After going through AV-C's September Malware Protection Test, I'd like to request you a comparison between premium versions of Avast, AVG, Avira, Eset, GData and Kaspersky in terms of online and offline protection, compromised and false positives, and use of system resources mainly on laptops. Thanks in advance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.