Pro
    System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    ESET internet security 10
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    EEK, Herdprotect, HitmanPro
    Browsers and Extensions
    Chrome, Mozilla and Vivaldi
    uBlock origin, HTTPS everywhere
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    uBlock origin
    Password Managers
  • None
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    CCleaner
    Frequency of Data backups
    Frequency of System backups
    None

mal1

Level 4
    @user102

I've always wondered "what would happen if my AV got hacked?!", and AV companies got hacked before. That's why I thought it was wiser to be on the safe side, and have more than one AV.

Reactions: Logethica

Exterminator

Community Manager
    Verified
    Staff member
    Consider some type of backup solution or at least an external HHDD to store your important files
    CCleaner or Privazer
    Consider adding an additional Browser and removing both ABD & ABD+ an installing uBlock

Reactions: Logethica and mal1

Andrew999

Level 23
    Verified
    @user102

I've always wondered "what would happen if my AV got hacked?!", and AV companies got hacked before. That's why I thought it was wiser to be on the safe side, and have more than one AV.
    I think running 2 antivirus programs at once is fine in my opinion, just exclude them from scanning each other

mal1

Level 4
    Nice config, but because you are using the FREE version of avast! I recommend you install a more powerful firewall and or Zemana AntiLogger (free if you want)
    Thank you @Anti-Malware Reviewer :)!

As a matter of fact, I started a thread about antiloggers Best R.A.T/Keylogger protection?, and searched for Avast IS (which, unlike the free version, has a sandbox. I need a sandbox) giveaways or even extended trials like this one Extended Trial - Avast Internet Security (2016) [6 months free]. Avast IS giveaway is still open and I'll participate in it. if I don't win, I'll add an antilogger.

mal1

Level 4
    I have recently upgraded to Avast internet security, and now with 1-year F-Secure Safe license:D, I'm confused as whether I should keep Avast IS, or switch to F-Secure.
    As a happy clicker Happy clicker, frequent downloader; how to minimize risks? Avast's sandbox seems invaluable, but as a privacy-freak, F-Secure privacy policy seems intriguing to me.
    And judging by opinions on F-Secure Internet Security vs Avast Internet Security it seems to be a close call, both have very good detection rates (slightly higher rates for F-Secure), both have some FPs (more FPs for Avast), deepGuard vs. deepScreen (?), Avast is lighter, Avast offers aggressive hardened mode, F-Secure has a much better privacy policy...... STILL CONFUSED:rolleyes:

jamescv7

Level 61
    Verified
    Trusted
    @mal1: For me you may have a test with F-secure, because their concept is straightforward + Deepguard is totally an active against suspicious behavior. A worthwhile to test beyond mainstream products. ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
    Verified
    Trusted
    I agree with jamescv7. Why not try F-Secure Safe, and you can use Sandboxie
    Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie which is a reliable software, and it's free.;) You may find F-Secure to be everything you hope it to be.. or not.:oops: Either way, it's worth finding out.:):) I'd truly liked Avast!, and was happy with their Premier for an entire year before the release of their own sandbox. I would love to try F-Secure Safe myself ..if Santa had only delivered on that extra computer I asked for!:rolleyes:
    As far as I know, Avast! does not have a compatibility mode, although I did try conceptualclarity's suggestion & used Adaware with it's compatibility mode. It was essentially an additional on-demand scanner.
    I'd popped over to Avast!'s forums to investigate further.
    Here's the discussion:

Last edited:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator