Your config is very good. I give you small tips to make it better
  • Install more-ondemand scanners example Zemana,EKK
  • Install PrivaZer and Sandboxie
  • Install HTTPS everywhere to your browser
  • Install LastPass to organize all passwords
  • Install SandBoxie
Thanks for share your config.
Sayonara ;)

Thanks for all your suggestions friend. Maybe i'll give a try to Sandboxie.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@Malakke, thank you for sharing your configuration. I agree with frogboy, '..it looks quite good'. Plus CCleaner is among my favorite apps (I use their portable vers). It's safe enough to use every session.:)
I also agree with FireShootSK's suggestion to use Sandboxie. As you can see by what looks like a big kite without a tail on my signature below, it's something I believe in. It's also free, and if my wife can get used to using it all the time, I know your family can too!:D
Like a rain coat protecting you from the elements, you'll only need to remove it (not use it) when you wish to keep changes like browser updates or updating extensions. Using a sandbox is a good way to 'test drive' extensions as they'll 'disappear' when the sandbox is deleted. Here is where your can read more about & download it:
An excellent method of securing your privacy with encryption security for passwords is the free extension / or universal app, LastPass:
(For added privacy in Chrome..)
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Scroll to the bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
  • Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Mark the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser"

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nothing less, nothing more. That's an enough configuration

Optional suggestion: Since its a shared account if you have confident to the person who use another account then no problem on current configuration unless create a LUA/Guest so everything must have your permission on any programs to execute.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
@Malakke, thank you for sharing your configuration. I agree with frogboy, '..it looks quite good'. Plus CCleaner is among my favorite apps (I use their portable vers). It's safe enough to use every session.:)
I also agree with FireShootSK's suggestion to use Sandboxie. As you can see by what looks like a big kite without a tail on my signature below, it's something I believe in. It's also free, and if my wife can get used to using it all the time, I know your family can too!:D
Like a rain coat protecting you from the elements, you'll only need to remove it (not use it) when you wish to keep changes like browser updates or updating extensions. Using a sandbox is a good way to 'test drive' extensions as they'll 'disappear' when the sandbox is deleted. Here is where your can read more about & download it:
An excellent method of securing your privacy with encryption security for passwords is the free extension / or universal app, LastPass:
(For added privacy in Chrome..)
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Scroll to the bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
  • Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Mark the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser"

Thanks mate. I'm using Ccleaner slim too, i forgot...

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Hi guys. I've always loved Emsisoft and Eset. However, i have several problems in my desktop computer with Eset Smart Security 9 and W10, even after a fresh install. Issues were especially when i tried to switch from one user account to another (freezes, grey and black screen hangouts and not good performance). I've no time for wonder what's the problem, so i've uninstalled Eset, install Emsisoft Antimalware and the problems were gone. Now i have Emsi, Zemana on demand and Ublock Origin in Chrome. I'd like to improve phishing and malware protection when browsing, so i wonder which addon for Chrome could fill my needs (Wot, Bitdefender Traffic Light, ...).

Thanks

Edit: solved my problems with ESET and W10. Back to ESET

Anti-Phishing Test August 2015 - AV-Comparatives

Emsi always has been weak in this matter...

Last edited by a moderator:

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Again issues with ESET :(. Back to Emsi and Zemana.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.