Basic Security Malfhas Security Config

a1nn

Level 2
Verified
Jun 5, 2017
Hi! Thanks for sharing your config. There are some things you could change to improve your security.
  • Regularly create system image backups. I understand you have backed up important files, but a system image backup is important so you don't lose your programs or settings. Not only this, but a couple of files could go past that you may not have thought as important before, but that you now need. If you have a NAS, creating a system image backup every month or so shouldn't be that difficult.
  • Make sure Windows Defender is configured for maximum security. (Block on First Sight, etc.)
  • Add some other second-opinion scanners. Consider Zemana Anti-Malware (Portable) or Norton Power Eraser.
Again, thanks for sharing! :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Malfhas: I tagged temporally Your config as Caution, since no image system backup solution in Your system.

Please consider to follow the already mentioned suggestions about backup software (Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper), also You may add ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser as on demand scanners.

As @Exterminator said, apart from that it's a secure config, thanks for sharing :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Thanks for sharing :)
Formatting and reinstalling Windows in case of problems can be a choice but not the best one, because however, this implies to download the latest updates or patches with a great loss of time.
The best solution is to create one or more updated OS images using for example Macrium free.

Malfhas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Thank you all for your recommendations, I take note and I will try Macrium free.

I will also see the side of ZAM to add a scan on demand.

Malfhas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Update :
- Added Macrium Free.
- Replacement of Windows Defender with the Avira premium addon in SecureAPlus

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.