Hot Take Malicious website escaping secure dns

VPN and DNS
115 Replies 7,282 Views
Damn I need to tell my wife that for the first time I ever I came late.
Proof of life


 
Does disabling V8 in Chrome settings help with?
Not at all, because the node.js environment is portable, it can be downloaded or shipped with the executable. In this case as the decompressed size is 24 mb it has been shipped. It is not related to or affected by Chrome in any way.

But also V8 is the Chromium engine, you can’t disable it.
 
This could help with prevent some forms of attack/vulnerabilities. JavaScript is not a low-level language like C/C++/Rust/Zig, it's a high-level language, so speed is comparatively slower than those (still very fast). JIT (Just-in-Time Compiler) is a feature that makes JavaScript run extremely fast. Still not as fast as low-level languages but close. If you use Chrome's "Don't allow sites to use JavaScript optimizations" or enable "Enhance your security on the web" feature in Edge, it disables some JIT related features. So, security increases at the cost of performance mainly on JavaScript heavy sites. It also disables Web-Assembly but Web-Assembly is not used by most sites.
I prefer fast browsing over this added security because I myself getting affected by any such serious vulnerability is rare.
 
This could help with prevent some forms of attack/vulnerabilities. JavaScript is not a low-level language like C/C++/Rust/Zig, it's a high-level language, so speed is comparatively slower than those (still very fast). JIT (Just-in-Time Compiler) is a feature that makes JavaScript run extremely fast. Still not as fast as low-level languages but close. If you use Chrome's "Don't allow sites to use JavaScript optimizations" or enable "Enhance your security on the web" feature in Edge, it disables some JIT related features. So, security increases at the cost of performance mainly on JavaScript heavy sites. It also disables Web-Assembly but Web-Assembly is not used by most sites.
I prefer fast browsing over this added security because I myself getting affected by any such serious vulnerability is rare.
I also prefer fast browsing.
On my PC, if I disable JIT, performance is reduced by half.

In 2025, both Chrome and Firefox were affected by these vulnerabilities.
I posted it somewhere in the forum, but I can't remember where...:unsure::ROFLMAO:
 
Yeah, the URL is blocked by GoogleSafeBrowsing, but when I enable it, it says the download is complete, but nothing actually downloads with Strict Settings.

View attachment 293495 View attachment 293496
Actually, nothing downloaded even for me on default settings on my system. In the VM I had to switch to Google DNS from browser settings to make it download. DNS wasn't blocking for me at that point so I'm not sure why the download didn't trigger.
But on Edge it's nice to have a balance vs strict setting.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top