Advice Request Malwarbytes VPN

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I just got a push notification to try Malwarbytes VPN trial. I am wondering if anyone has tried it?
I have not tried it myself.
Some more info can be found here:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why the hell every security company now offers VPN? Some of them aren't even anonymous as they claim because most of them keep logs.
It's advised that you do your own research before buying into any product. Malwarebytes partnered with a reputable and trusted VPN provider for their software, as with Firefox and their Private VPN.

Security and Privacy go hand in hand. You can't boast private anonymous browsing without a VPN service.

Standalone packages are my recommendation.

ahmad_rafiansyah

Level 1
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
I tried it last night, but the internet access speed is insignificant from not using VPN
APC - 2020.09.10 02.45 - 001.3d.jpg
APC - 2020.09.10 02.45 - 001.3d.jpg

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
It's advised that you do your own research before buying into any product. Malwarebytes partnered with a reputable and trusted VPN provider for their software, as with Firefox and their Private VPN.
I wasn't talking about the Malwarebytes in particular; I was talking generally, regarding all security companies.
Security and Privacy go hand in hand. You can't boast private anonymous browsing without a VPN service.
Yes, but why did they all decide to release VPN service in recent years? I think Avast was the first to offer the VPN service (at least I heard for their service first) and it seems like others just followed the lead.

VPN isn't anything new. It was always used for accessing unavailable content as well as protecting privacy.
Standalone packages are my recommendation.
As always...

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hello, I do not need to try it, I have EkspressVPN beta with the new lightway protocol & ProtonVPN Plus.
It's not that I don't want to take it for a spin, but at some point, you have to stop purchasing new software.

• Wow
Reactions: Cortex

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I am not so sure about VPN services, especially with the speed of internet connections, because usually VPN services actually reduce internet access speed from the original connection.

I think it does depend which server you are using & your connection, if you are fortunate enough to have a sever within a few hundred miles & a fast connection often the loss is negligible, for me about 10% - Again though if you have a slower connection & many have 10% may be a substantial amount + if you are distant from a server it changes things - If your connection is slow or flaky a VPN could slow things down tremendously.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.