Troubleshoot Malware overrun pc, want to reset everything but dont know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lappodamy

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 23, 2018
As the title suggested, i now want to reset everything, make my window 10 clean again by starting new. Any ideas that can help me here would be very much welcome. Oh and there were trojan malware in my pc that can snoop my file, so i immediately turned the pc off. Was this the right action? Can it still snoop at my file when i turn the pc off? Thank you very much for helping me in advance

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
If you don't want to reinstall Windows, I recommend you visit the malware removal section.
Malware Removal Assistance For Windows

If you're certain that you want to reset your OS, you have some options.
Do you need to back your files up? If you do, don't reset your PC just yet.

1. This option sometimes fails, so you may want to follow option 2 as a backup plan. Power on your PC. Click the Start button. Click the Power button. While holding Shift, press Restart. Once the PC restarts, choose Reset this PC. Again, this fails sometimes if your recovery partition is corrupted.

2. Make your Windows 10 installation media follow this link:
Download Windows 10
And then you can boot from the USB and reinstall Windows normally. You will probably need some help with wiping your drive and re-partitioning it. Post back here on another device for further instructions.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As the title suggested, i now want to reset everything, make my window 10 clean again by starting new. Any ideas that can help me here would be very much welcome. Oh and there were trojan malware in my pc that can snoop my file, so i immediately turned the pc off. Was this the right action? Can it still snoop at my file when i turn the pc off? Thank you very much for helping me in advance
1 Your files and personal data cannot be snooped on your computer by malware when your computer is turned off.
2 Sometimes, the anti-virus program falsely identifies something as a trojan, causing an unnecessary scare. So before you take the step of wiping your computer clean, you might want to check out whether it was a false positive, or whether your computer was truly infected.

Upvote 0

Lappodamy

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 23, 2018
1 Your files and personal data cannot be snooped on your computer by malware when your computer is turned off.
2 Sometimes, the anti-virus program falsely identifies something as a trojan, causing an unnecessary scare. So before you take the step of wiping your computer clean, you might want to check out whether it was a false positive, or whether your computer was truly infected.
Nah man, i am pretty sure my pc was right, there was a malware called trojan socstealer and many others.

Upvote 0

Lappodamy

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 23, 2018
You know what guys, i think i will try to fix it rather than reset the OS. I will look into my pc again, identify the malwares the n post on the virus removal problem forumone by one. Nevertheless thanks for the help guys.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You know what guys, i think i will try to fix it rather than reset the OS. I will look into my pc again, identify the malwares the n post on the virus removal problem forumone by one. Nevertheless thanks for the help guys.
I think it's better to mention your whole list of malware issues on virus removal thread, all in one post.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.