Solved Malware removal help (possibly teslacrypt)

FairyL

Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2016
Actually, it was encrypted. But the Dropbox team offered to do an account rollback for me. That way all the files in my Dropbox that the virus infected can be restored to their original state before the date of infection.

FairyL

Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2016
I'm actually not getting any more of the teslacrypt pop-up when I log in to my account. That's a good thing right. Does this mean the virus has been successfully removed from the system??

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Yes, infection is removed, but files are still encrypted. If they can rollback files, that's good. Then we can use file I mentioned to decrypt all other files.

Trick is to have two identical files, one clean and one encrypted. Then all other files can be decrypted.

FairyL

Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2016
Can I delete all the encrypted files in my system and then download them again from Dropbox once my account has rolled back?

FairyL

Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2016
Yes alright I'll retrieve my files through Dropbox. Thank you so much for all the help!! Honestly, I never even take part in online forums, this was the first time and only because I had seen your posts on so many other people's malware issues. I really was hoping you would assist me too and I'm glad that you did :))
Thank you once again!
You can close this thread now :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.