Malwarebytes 3.0.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Burns

Level 1
Verified
Jan 20, 2017
If you have any problems, the Malwarebytes Forums is there to help you ;)

They don't seem to be able to get all the problems fixed.....so I've tried one answer after another in their forums but I end up with problems on 2 pc's and a laptop. I really want to like MBAM, used it for years, but this current fiasco is troubling.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014

They don't seem to be able to get all the problems fixed.....so I've tried one answer after another in their forums but I end up with problems on 2 pc's and a laptop. I really want to like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, used it for years, but this current fiasco is troubling.

Can you link me to your thread there where you're describing your issue?

John Burns

Level 1
Verified
Jan 20, 2017
Can you link me to your thread there where you're describing your issue?

In here, I have not posted all my issues with MBAM and I'm not sure if I can link other forums in here. However I have posted repeatedly in another forum about complete computer shutdown, pop ups indicating no protection, among others and now the anti-exploit issue which make me concerned that it's not working properly. I can send you the link to the other forum if you wish.

John Burns

Level 1
Verified
Jan 20, 2017
Why does someone say V3 is horrible?
Is there too many bug?

I has several bugs, some of which are now fixed. It is not horrible, but it had several bugs since release. It appears it may have come out of Beta too soon. Bugs have ranged from black screens to minor adjustments and MBAM people have been working trying to "put out fires" since announcing the final release(s). Version 2 is still a good stable program and hopefully Version 3 will soon be also.

Reactions: amir 957

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Why does someone say V3 is horrible?
Is there too many bug?
it has so many bugs. If someone is lucky, they don't have any conflict
MB3 completely made my PC unusable, unable to move my mouse. I must have booted my PC into safe mode and uninstalled it

Reactions: amir 957

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
I finally got up the nerve to install this on my main computer.

It seemed to be fine except to the point that a poster told me to go to a Malwarebytes site and it was prevented from going there.

Oh well. I'm sticking with it for now.

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
I am now doing well with 3.06 on all 4 computers.

How about you other guys and gals?

John Burns

Level 1
Verified
Jan 20, 2017
I really don't know jadinolf, It seems to be, except possibly for web protection actions. Some instances show a popup blocking the sites, some merely block an ip address - not consistent, makes me nervous.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
I had problem with MBAM and realtime engine sometime is sturned on sometime turned off and cant turn on back.
Even if all work somehow mbam still popup need enable some engine lates pach 3.0.6 solved my problem and now all work fine
i dont have or i didint figure anny issue at now.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Doing a full scan renders the computer unusable, pegs all four cores with no options to lower priority (Access denied from Task Manager--self-protection is enabled; I'll just unpause it after I go to sleep).

Scans take a long time regardless; it shouldn't interfere with basic computer usage (browsing, streaming, moving the mouse), causing a work-stoppage.

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Oh Oh
Seemed like the update is working but now instead of Real Time Protection not working, it has switched to Ransomware protection off.

Last edited:

jblack

Mar 16, 2017
I just purchased Pro and it was using all my memory. I set Potential Threat Protection settings to "Warn User" and it let go of all the memory.

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
I just purchased Pro and it was using all my memory. I set Potential Threat Protection settings to "Warn User" and it let go of all the memory.
Go to the Malwarebytes Forum and explain your problem.
They should be able to help you.

Reactions: jblack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.