Advice Request Malwarebytes 3.0 Beta UI

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What you think about new Malwarebytes UI

• New UI is ugly

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I love new UI

Votes: 45 90.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

So, I can replace my traditional antivirus?
Yes! As I said above, over 50% of our customers already have too. We believe in layered defense and built Malwarebytes 3.0 to provide the right mix of proactive and signature-less technologies to combat modern threats and zero-day malware. The combination of our Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Website Protection, and Remediation technologies has you better covered than the traditional antivirus companies that charge more for less effective protection.
No offense to Malwarebytes but seems to me like they are trying to compete with Emsisoft Anti-Malware haha. I love how they talk about how their product is better than "traditional antivirus companies"... IMO a product like Kaspersky is much more matured and contains more capability against both old and newer malware (e.g. signatures + great dynamic heuristics mixed with Application Control) - this doesn't mean it's necessarily "better", but they can't just claim their product is "better" than a whole group of products (e.g. Kaspersky products, ESET products, Avast products,...) without sounding really... Misleading.

Alright, so it has ransomware and exploit mitigation... You could always mix HitmanPro.Alert with your existing AV solution, or just use a product like Emsisoft Anti-Malware which contains this also + many other features in it's Behaviour Blocker (which MBAM doesn't have). I either see Malwarebytes having anything similar to Comodo Sandbox, Emsisoft/GData/Qihoo Behaviour Blocker, etc... To me it's just the same anti-malware product it was this time last year, just with some new additional improvements and a new GUI.

Personally I find there to be better results in terms of protection against malware whilst using products from "traditional antivirus companies" such as Kaspersky compared to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Even though I said this, I don't dislike MBAM, I do like it and do recommend it to people as it can be very good.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I like the UI adjustment so far, although the colors should change to darker for better appearance.

The text should not overpower on the background color.

-----------------------------

In the case of next generation of Antivirus, then it will take little time to match up with big AV's; because those are well established in terms of detection capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.