Download: http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam/On May 19, 2017, we received reports from Malwarebytes 3.x users that Malware and Web Protection modules disabled themselves and any attempted scans stopped almost immediately after starting. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x users were not impacted by this incident.
During the investigation, we identified that the root cause of the problem was by a database publish processing error that caused certain Malwarebytes 3 incremental database packages to be built incorrectly, causing the symptoms mentioned above. We have also confirmed that this problem only affected 64-bit packages starting with Update Package Version 1.0.1973 published at 5:04AM ET, which was validated by our telemetry.
Upon confirming the issue, we immediately paused updates (at 7:31AM ET) to prevent further corrupted updates from being sent out to any Malwarebytes 3.x customers.
We then fixed the issue on the database processing pipeline and published an updated database package with version number 1.0.1976 posted to our servers at 8:49AM ET. Simultaneously, we resumed normal database update deployment.
The majority of Malwarebytes 3 users with automatic updates enabled recovered from this situation automatically. In a small number of cases, a reboot or restart of the Malwarebytes service might be required to re-enable the protection modules.
We deeply apologize to those who were affected by this issue and our deepest gratitude for your patience with us during this ordeal. We do believe you deserve better than this. As you read this, we have already identified several areas where our database publishing process can be improved and have started implementing better error checks, and will continue to do so, to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.