Not open for further replies.

military

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
Malwarebytes 3.1.2.1733-1.0.122-1.0.1976
On May 19, 2017, we received reports from Malwarebytes 3.x users that Malware and Web Protection modules disabled themselves and any attempted scans stopped almost immediately after starting. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x users were not impacted by this incident.

During the investigation, we identified that the root cause of the problem was by a database publish processing error that caused certain Malwarebytes 3 incremental database packages to be built incorrectly, causing the symptoms mentioned above. We have also confirmed that this problem only affected 64-bit packages starting with Update Package Version 1.0.1973 published at 5:04AM ET, which was validated by our telemetry.

Upon confirming the issue, we immediately paused updates (at 7:31AM ET) to prevent further corrupted updates from being sent out to any Malwarebytes 3.x customers.

We then fixed the issue on the database processing pipeline and published an updated database package with version number 1.0.1976 posted to our servers at 8:49AM ET. Simultaneously, we resumed normal database update deployment.

The majority of Malwarebytes 3 users with automatic updates enabled recovered from this situation automatically. In a small number of cases, a reboot or restart of the Malwarebytes service might be required to re-enable the protection modules.

We deeply apologize to those who were affected by this issue and our deepest gratitude for your patience with us during this ordeal. We do believe you deserve better than this. As you read this, we have already identified several areas where our database publishing process can be improved and have started implementing better error checks, and will continue to do so, to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.
Download: http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam/

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Yes that's because the website is FAKE! There is no site like "downloads.malwarebytes.org" that malwarebytes uses.
As i see this is "phishing attack" Moderators to check it for phishing.

military

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012

military

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
Yes that's because the website is FAKE! There is no site like "downloads.malwarebytes.org" that malwarebytes uses.
As i see this is "phishing attack" Moderators to check it for phishing.
The official server of loading, the latests version are downloaded from there. Well, moderators will check.

military

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
Let together will we do an analysis ? Domen of malwarebytes.org is official ? Yes. Here doubts can't be. Then let's look at the link once again.
About what fake can there be a speech?

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Here ya go:

Attachments

• mbytes.jpg
    mbytes.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 538

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Gah, so they noticed around May 18th. I had this self-deactiviation for months before I finally uninstalled the new MBAM.

Not sure I'm gonna be tempted to touch it again in the future. Thanks for keeping us in the know, though.

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Gah, so they noticed around May 18th. I had this self-deactiviation for months before I finally uninstalled the new Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Not sure I'm gonna be tempted to touch it again in the future. Thanks for keeping us in the know, though.

Nothing I can tell you but I guess I was fortunate.

I tried Version 3 (beta) on four of my computers and could not even install it on 2 of them.

You must understand that I am a long retired old geezer so I have lots of spare time so I lived on the Malwarebytes forum and kept installing the updates until every one worked.

I have six Lifetime Licenses and wasn't about to throw away the money I invested. All is fine now.

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Hehe, all good @jadinolf :)

No harm done in keeping an eye on your investment. It's just too much hassle to deal with stuff like that on production machines.

I'm also upset in general, because they just had to be the people who can't leave well enough alone. Everything was fine until they decided to make the product that does it all. Like we don't have those already. So stupid.

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Hehe, all good @jadinolf :)

No harm done in keeping an eye on your investment. It's just too much hassle to deal with stuff like that on production machines.

I'm also upset in general, because they just had to be the people who can't leave well enough alone. Everything was fine until they decided to make the product that does it all. Like we don't have those already. So stupid.
You are 100% correct, Fritz.

I was really dismayed when they erased the beta from the program and released what was a beta that was far from ready for Prime Time.
I guess it still isn't ready for many people.
I did start out bad mouthing the Malwarebytes crew but decided to knock it off after a while.
I still wish them good fortune.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Gah, so they noticed around May 18th. I had this self-deactiviation for months before I finally uninstalled the new Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Just give it a try, latest version got a lot of fixes and improvements.Especially on the no1 complaint which was about performance.You can really feel the difference:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.