Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryboy_MN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2013
Great thread. Will have to try this product once this is out of beta. Also is any different than Bitdefender's Anti-Ransomware?

Reactions: Moose

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Note From pbust:
Known Issue:
* If installing the upgrade on Windows 8.1 x64 over a previous Beta, the service may not start automatically. In this case, simply click Start Protection on the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware dashboard or run the Beta installer a second time.

Improvements:
* Enhancements to prevent false positives on legitimate software

Issues Fixed:
* Fixed issue that could have led to program crash when enabling protection
You may choose to download and install over the top or wait for the automatic upgrade to prompt you to apply the upgrade.

Source: Beta3 released - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forum

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
BETA 5
Download link (beta5 - build 0.9.14.361)
https://malwarebytes...durlr7yr8lp6d8g

Known Issue:
• If installing the upgrade on Windows 8.1 x64 over a previous Beta, the service may not start automatically. In this case, simply click Start Protection on the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware dashboard or run the Beta installer a second time.

Improvements:
• Improved internal log format to better distinguish between the various Anti-Ransomware beta versions
• Adjusted embedded license so that earlier beta versions could be expired and users would be encouraged to move off older versions and onto the latest available beta

Issues Fixed:
• Fixed issue that caused high-CPU and memory usage and resulted in a process crash in certain cases
• Fixed issue where the current state of the protection status was not remembered correctly after a reboot

Please report any issues you might find in this forum. Both Nathan Scott, aka Decrypterfixer, our resident ransomware researcher and Technical Product Manager of Anti-Ransomware, and myself, will be happy to help out with any feedback.

TheJokerz

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2016
Hello,

I have an office 365 subscription, and it went to update this weekend and this product marked click-to-run service as ransomware. I did not even think to grab a screen shot of this when it happened. I had to unistall and re install office 365 to get it to work again. This was on a windows 10 home edition machine. I can try and get it to replicate the issue and post shots on here if you would like.

Thanks

Reactions: kyokodash and Rishi

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hello,

I have an office 365 subscription, and it went to update this weekend and this product marked click-to-run service as ransomware. I did not even think to grab a screen shot of this when it happened. I had to unistall and re install office 365 to get it to work again. This was on a windows 10 home edition machine. I can try and get it to replicate the issue and post shots on here if you would like.

Thanks
Yes - it has flagged ClickToRun on my machine also and I reported the FP with required details.
And then it flagged it again, even though it was now in the Exclusion list, and I reported again.
I see others have also had this issue. So they do know about it.

Reactions: TheJokerz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.