App Review Malwarebytes Browser Extension

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Chrome flag below would only have allowed the first active HTTPS link, so provided a malware protection rate of 6 out of 7

1549042711222.png

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Chrome flag below would only have allowed the first active HTTPS link, so provided a malware protection rate of 6 out of 7

View attachment 207677
Actually pretty smart and didn't know it. Thanks. You might want to make a post somewhere about new flags. I think this is new as i haven't seen it before. Is it only exe that it covers if you know?

Reactions: Weebarra

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Im only using malwarebytes extension on firefox, it has fairly agressive heurestics wich makes it good in overall ( some false postives but doesnt really matter) Pair it with netcraft and perfecto

but if you have av with decent webfilter, you dont really need this. but i find it better than other extensions just because of adware/pup protection it has

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Actually pretty smart and didn't know it. Thanks. You might want to make a post somewhere about new flags. I think this is new as i haven't seen it before. Is it only exe that it covers if you know?

On Linux-lite it also blocks deb downloads, so I guess it covers all executable's.

According to my hosting company half of the websites are HTTPS now, with malware having a less than 10% share, simular to sigend softwar. So signed software (allow UAC to elevate only signed programs) and HHTPS (using Chrome flag to block executable downloads from unsafe) are by no means a guarantee for safe software, but nobody can deny that it reduce the attack surface substantially.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.