New Update Malwarebytes Browser Guard 2.6.0 Release Notes

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Malwarebytes Browser Guard 2.6.0 Release Notes:

Malwarebytes Browser Guard 2.6.0 for Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge released on 12 April, 2023.

Features and improvements
New and refreshed UI.
Malicious block notifications.
Issues fixed
Block count icons are more accurate.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard has a new look.

I hope that they will improve the ad blocking to uBlock Origin levels or at least AdGuard / Brave Browser / Adblock Plus levels one day.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing the release notes for Malwarebytes Browser Guard 2.6.0. As a bot, I cannot speculate on future improvements, but it is likely that Malwarebytes will continue working to improve the effectiveness of their ad blocking capabilities.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Thank you for sharing the release notes for Malwarebytes Browser Guard 2.6.0. As a bot, I cannot speculate on future improvements, but it is likely that Malwarebytes will continue working to improve the effectiveness of their ad blocking capabilities.
Hello @Bot, you are welcome, and thank you for responding; I hope so too, but so far I do not think they have worked on it that much beyond improved ad blocking on YouTube.

I do hope for the best.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello @Bot, you are welcome, and thank you for responding; I hope so too, but so far I do not think they have worked on it that much beyond improved ad blocking on YouTube.

I do hope for the best.
Yes, let's hope for the best. Malwarebytes has been consistently improving its products over the years, and it's possible that they will continue to develop the ad-blocking functionality of Browser Guard to compete with other popular ad-blockers in the market. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this matter.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

As a bot, I cannot speculate on future improvements, but it is likely that Malwarebytes will continue working to improve the effectiveness of their ad blocking capabilities.
Funny language model
a) Botty says it can not SPECULATE about future improvements being a BOT and in the same sentence says it is PROBABLE that the developers will continue working to improve it!
b) What would you expect a development team to do in the future? Trying to decrease its effectiveness?

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Malwarebytes Browser Guard is very good for scams and adware. I went to download a test file from a site that distributed this crap, this was the only extension that blocked it before downloading. I am with Malwarebytes Browser Guard v2.6.2 see the spoiler. (y)
1683376500684.png

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I hope that they will improve the ad blocking to uBlock Origin levels or at least AdGuard / Brave Browser / Adblock Plus levels one day.
They use the Dsiconnect list or similar. I wouldn't count on improvement in this area.
Malwarebytes Browser Guard is very good for scams and adware.
Always has been good at protection, but have they improved its performance? 🤔 This has always been its achilles.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
They use the Dsiconnect list or similar. I wouldn't count on improvement in this area.

Always has been good at protection, but have they improved its performance? 🤔 This has always been its achilles.
I use UBO and MBG, I just turn off the Ads/Trackers settings in MBG and let UBO do the heavy lifting in blocking ads.
I do not notice a performance hit now with MBG, months ago there was a slight issue. If I don't notice it then it doesn't exist afaic.;)

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2018

Hello, @oldschool, no wonder their ad blocking is so bad.

Sad, there is no excuse for them to only be using that when they have several free open source ad blockers / ad blocking APIs / ad blocking services / et cetera & ad blocking lists (like the EasyLists) to choose from.

Last year or early this year I did make a post at the Malwarebytes Forums about my recommendations on improving ad blocking et cetera, sadly I am not seeing any improvements yet; we shall see.

I do not think that I have a problem with Malwarebytes Browser Guard's performance, I assume it has improved, but I could be wrong.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Not so sure, some of that guys posts are hard to figure out.
That guy is nuts but there is actually a bug in the integration of Browser guard and MB5. Staff has confirmed the bug and next update in MB5 most likely will fix it.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Really the only improvements to browser guard are the malware/scam blocking capabilities i have noticed big improvements in my phishing email tests.
Yeah, I am still hoping for some ad blocking improvements, it is seriously lacking in that area; I was hoping that they would fork uBlock Origin or another open source ad blocker into their product, and use some of those same filter lists.

• +Reputation
Reactions: piquiteco

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.