Malwarebytes / Hitman / Voodoshield + Bitdefender Total Security?

Boring

Level 2
Thread author
Jan 21, 2020
Hi Guyz!

I have managed to read some of the existing posts on Malwarebytes / Hitman / Voodoshield, but i am not able to conclude either.

Would like to seek for your advice base on following requirements.

I have with me Bitdefender Total Security + express VPN (porting over to proton VPN soon)
- Frequent in Gaming
- Occasional streaming & work
- Downloading of "Game Trainer"
- Privacy Concern

@oldschool

Boring

Level 2
Thread author
Jan 21, 2020
Bit Defender alone is enough. You don't need the rest. Don't succumb to the security forum paranoia sickness, by installing softs over softs.
Instead learn to have safe and secure habits and how to tighten the OS.

Thank you for your kind response @Umbra.

If there is any link that you can share? On "how to" learn to have safe and secure habits and how to tighten the OS.
So i can learn from there.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Just search here, you have plenty of threads about it (usually in the OS section), but unless you are familiar with tweaking Windows and how to reverse changes, I will recommended to just read first and not blindly do the tweaks.

The first "tweak" I recommend, is to use a Standard User Account (SUA) for daily use and set UAC to max. This is a good start for beginners.

Boring

Level 2
Thread author
Jan 21, 2020
Just search here, you have plenty of threads about it (usually in the OS section), but unless you are familiar with tweaking Windows and how to reverse changes, I will recommended to just read first and not blindly do the tweaks.

The first "tweak" I recommend, is to use a Standard User Account (SUA) for daily use and set UAC to max. This is a good start for beginners.

Hi @Umbra
i will start reading up, thank you for your help!

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi Guyz!

I have managed to read some of the existing posts on Malwarebytes / Hitman / Voodoshield, but i am not able to conclude either.

I have with me Bitdefender Total Security + express VPN (porting over to proton VPN soon)
- Frequent in Gaming
- Privacy Concern

@oldschool
Bitdefender has good sigs, I doubt you will gain from adding Malwarebytes.
Hitman is just an on-demand scanner. You can add it to any security config, if you want an extra scanner.
HitmanPro.Alert is not a good idea to use with a heavy-handed AV suite like Bitdefender.
Voodooshield falls in the anti-exe category. Theoretically, you could use it with any AV you wish. But please study and understand what VoodooShield is and does, before you burden your system with it.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi Guyz!

- Frequent in Gaming
- Privacy Concern

@oldschool
I will second our friends here. That's overkill. There's a reason why they call them "suite". BitDefender Total Security is an all-in-one software, you don't need anything else.

You say you game, stream and work, and you're worried about privacy. BitDefender will cover up everything you need there, with great signatures, and a clean BB. You wouldn't need HMP signatures or MB real time protection. If you think you'd like something extra in case BitDefender fails, I'd consider hardening the OS (SysHardener, for example, or OSArmor even).

That would for sure do it.

Boring

Level 2
Thread author
Jan 21, 2020
Bitdefender has good sigs, I doubt you will gain from adding Malwarebytes.
Hitman is just an on-demand scanner. You can add it to any security config, if you want an extra scanner.
HitmanPro.Alert is not a good idea to use with a heavy-handed AV suite like Bitdefender.
Voodooshield falls in the anti-exe category. Theoretically, you could use it with any AV you wish. But please study and understand what VoodooShield is and does, before you burden your system with it.

Hi @shmu26
thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge. I am very new to the security feature, thus learning from the rest of the guru(s) here.
I have some curiosity when it comes to keylogger if BitDefender can track down and remove from my system?

Boring

Level 2
Thread author
Jan 21, 2020
I will second our friends here. That's overkill. There's a reason why they call them "suite". BitDefender Total Security is an all-in-one software, you don't need anything else.

You say you game, stream and work, and you're worried about privacy. BitDefender will cover up everything you need there, with great signatures, and a clean BB. You wouldn't need HMP signatures or MB real time protection. If you think you'd like something extra in case BitDefender fails, I'd consider hardening the OS (SysHardener, for example, or OSArmor even).

That would for sure do it.

Hi @Robbie
I was worried when said "You say you game, stream and work, and you're worried about privacy".
Something new for me, I will take a look at OS (SysHardener, for example, or OSArmor even).

Thank you for sharing.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Hi @eXDj

Reason being?
malwarebytes 4.0.4.49 + bitdefender total security 2020 = low internet speed,only if uncheck ransomware module in malwarebytes my internet speed returns to normal (same problem with kaspersky but more agressive,with malwarebytes ransomware module on my pc not work ok,with bitdefender it is ok only it just slows down to the net ! )
exemple : h**ps://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/255921-bitdefender-total-security-2020-and-malwarebytes/

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

superboy123

Level 4
Verified
May 1, 2012
Hi Guyz!

- Frequent in Gaming
- Privacy Concern

@oldschool

be careful with "game Trainer" maybe they put some "gift" for you...

Boring

Level 2
Thread author
Jan 21, 2020
malwarebytes 4.0.4.49 + bitdefender total security 2020 = low internet speed,only if uncheck ransomware module in malwarebytes my internet speed returns to normal (same problem with kaspersky but more agressive,with malwarebytes ransomware module on my pc not work ok,with bitdefender it is ok only it just slows down to the net ! )
exemple : h**ps://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/255921-bitdefender-total-security-2020-and-malwarebytes/

@eXDj
I see what you trying to say there. So, what's your take?

Here are some guides for safe internet browsing. You can probably find many others on the web.

Surveillance Self-Defense (y)

Stay safe, not paranoid! :cool:

Thank you @oldschool ^ ^

be careful with "game Trainer" maybe they put some "gift" for you...

@superboy123
Yeah.. and that is a most upsetting part. Even if come from so call "reliable source, chea*s happen".

Reactions: [correlate]

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi @shmu26
thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge. I am very new to the security feature, thus learning from the rest of the guru(s) here.
I have some curiosity when it comes to keylogger if BitDefender can track down and remove from my system?
Keyloggers come in many different kinds. There are also clipboard-scrapers and screen-scrapers to be concerned about, while we are on the subject. BitDefender is a very good antivirus, but no antivirus can stop all malware. Keyloggers are no exception to that rule.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.