Hot Take Malwarebytes lays off 100+ workers ahead of planned company split.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Malwarebytes lays off 100+ workers ahead of planned company split - SiliconANGLE

my.jpg

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
It sounds like the split part makes good business sense though. From your link: Malwarebytes lays off 100+ workers ahead of planned company split - SiliconANGLE

The executive added that the workforce reduction comes amid an effort by Malwarebytes to split its consumer and enterprise businesses into two separate companies. The deal will be officially announced in the coming weeks, Kleczynski detailed.

Malwarebytes recently acquired a startup called Cyrus Security that developed a cybersecurity application for consumers. The application can detect if a user’s personal information appears on hacker forums and also provides a number of other features, including a built-in VPN. The technology that Malwarebytes obtained through the acquisition could help enhance the product portfolio of its consumer business following the corporate split.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I'd like to see this company staying on the business as I am very satisfied with their products, the anti-malware solution helped when needed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.