Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage: Online Privacy Protection | Malwarebytes
  • Language: English
Introducing Malwarebytes Privacy
With a single click, our next-generation VPN helps protect your online privacy, secures your WiFi connection, and delivers speeds way faster than older VPNs.

Malwarebytes Privacy is a VPN (Virtual Private Network) that looks out for you by serving as a digital middleman between you and the Internet. Your Internet traffic will look like it’s coming from one of our virtual servers – giving you a simple, easy way to take control of your privacy.

Malwarebytes Forums: Welcome to Malwarebytes Privacy

Related News: Mullvad VPN and Malwarebytes partnership FAQ
https://malwaretips.com/threads/malwarebytes-partnered-with-mullvad-vpn.96200/

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Appears to be a new product, as it was just shared on the Malwarebytes Forums.

gatortail said:
Distinguished Members,

Malwarebytes is proud to launch a Privacy product for Windows. Malwarebytes Privacy helps protect your privacy and your personal information when you go online. Our next-gen VPN secures your connection, keeping your online activity private and protected.

We strived to produce a state-of-the-art product using the latest VPN protocols that is exceptionally easy to use.

Since privacy is at the core, we’ll validate the license key and ensure proper client functionality, but that's it. We don't track or store your online activity, whether it’s browsing or accessing any websites.

The User Guide for Malwarebytes Privacy can be found here.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Real nice deal they've got going. A year's subscription to either Malwarebytes Premium or Mullvad's VPN is only slightly cheaper than getting both together via Malwarebytes Privacy.

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
At that price you are getting into IVPN territory.

Edit: Also I can't find a privacy policy for the VPN. Their privacy page has no reference.
The VPN provider they use is Mullvad. They are one of the best concerning privacy policy.A true No-log service.Perhaps you could check there.:)

At $80.00 Canadian per year I will pass, but would be interested how this performs from anyone who tries it.
It includes the VPN service and malwarebytes for 5 devices.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
The VPN provider they use is Mullvad. They are one of the best concerning privacy policy.A true No-log service.Perhaps you could check there.:)

It includes the VPN service and malwarebytes for 5 devices.
They had a deal with Mullvad, but now they are using their own app. They haven’t said anything about whether or not it is still using Mullvad’s services. I can’t find much about it on their website, at least not yesterday. They don’t even actually state what protocol they use, which I’m assuming is wireguard based on their speed claims.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
They had a deal with Mullvad, but now they are using their own app. They haven’t said anything about whether or not it is still using Mullvad’s services. I can’t find much about it on their website, at least not yesterday. They don’t even actually state what protocol they use, which I’m assuming is wireguard based on their speed claims.
You are right.There are not many infos about the VPN. My guess is that they are using the insfrastructure of Mullvad VPN, just like Bitdefender, Panda and kaspersky use Hotspot shield.
Many of the infos that malwarebytes give about their VPN are almost the same as those of mullvad.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
You are right.There are not many infos about the VPN. My guess is that they are using the insfrastructure of Mullvad VPN, just like Bitdefender, Panda and kaspersky use Hotspot shield.
Many of the infos that malwarebytes give about their VPN are almost the same as those of mullvad.
That’s what I was thinking, especially since Mullvad has been a pioneer in wireguard. I wish they had some sort of documentation, and a privacy policy that was updated to include the vpn.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I installed it to see if my MB4 lifetime license would work, it would not. While installed the price I found to purchase was $80 for the Privacy license alone. I just checked their website, a 5 computer license for Malwarebytes Premium and Privacy Guard is &129.99. It does install a Wireguard folder.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I just realized this coincided with wireguard releasing 1.0.0 code. Probably not a coincidence that they released this just as the stable build was finalized.
That is why they talk about a "next gen" vpn and that "new" protocol.;) I love MBA, but frankly, i would pass for now concerning the Vpn.There are better choices out there for choosing a Vpn.

jollydan

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2017
You're right. MB Privacy VPN is just a new comer in terms of VPN. We have so many choices of VPN software with a long-history stability like Hotspot Shield, Express VPN, Vypr VPN, Unlimited VPN, NordVPN (the worst), Tunnel Bear,...
I have used them all and just become suspicious of MB Privacy VPN.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Now I’ve looked back at Malwarebytes privacy policy and they’ve updated it for the VPN. They have a decent and very straightforward privacy policy for all of their products. Not overly verbose and complicated. If they had a trial I’d give it a try for fun.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.