Malwarebytes Survey? Is this real or a scam?

Yoda

Level 3
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Avira
Trying to download the latest version, a survey popped up.
While filling the survey I faced the following question:

What is your gender?
-Male
-Female
-Other (Please specify)

i couldn't resist from the answer below.
n4OQ3A7DTBS2P8TacvuRAw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tim one

Level 21
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
F-Secure
Not sure but it looks like a statistical survey asking for general information, but probably I wouldn't answered. Nowadays around every corner of the street you always find someone who wants to know as much as possible about you.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 65228

The survey is embedded into the HTML document for the download page over on the ToolsLib website.

Code:
<div class="modal fade" id="surveyModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="surveyModalLabel">
<div class="modal-dialog modal-md" role="document">
<div class="modal-content">
<div class="modal-header">
<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-label="Close">
<span aria-hidden="true">&times;</span>
</button>
<h4 class="modal-title" id="surveyModalLabel">Take a survey, chance to win an iPad!</h4>
</div>
<div class="modal-body text-center">
<div class="text-center">
<p>Click the button below to start a short survey. It will only take two minutes of your time. By completing the survey you are entered into a drawing to win an iPad!</p>
<p>Don't worry, your download of AdwCleaner will complete while you fill out the survey.</p>
</div>
</div>
<div class="modal-footer text-center">
<div class="text-center">
<a class="btn btn-primary btn-lg" href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AdwCleanerSurvey" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Start survey</a>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Please see the following change log:
New survey on the download page, with metering. Please answer to help making the future of AdwCleaner!
Source: AdwCleaner

This is evidence that the survey is genuinely from Malwarebytes, and I hope this helped you. :)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
That comes to my answer, Identifying me as a... Pickle... :LOL:
You're green small and wrinkled... I'm not sure pickle is a wrong answer ;)

Anyway whenever I'm hit by a survey or a "we want to know about your experience" site or email I always ignore it... I'll not spend my time giving anyone more data about their target user base....

Fritz

Level 11
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
That comes to my answer, Identifying me as a... Pickle... :LOL:
I thought it was legit actually. :p

Maybe they should have asked instead if people appreciate their inept attempt at launching a blown-up security suite and taken those results as a hint rather than how many pickles in how many households they can serve clickbait. :unsure:

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Well I want to have some from MB confirm it, because if they did indeed do it I could no longer trust them. If you are curious as to why PM me

L S

Level 5
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
I use to do the survey on the legitimate sites - but always stoped on half, now I don't do it even it's from a legitimate sites / legitimate survey,
= I Don't Do Surveys = ;););) :):)

Viking

Level 22
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I received the pop up survey today when I downloaded Adwcleaner. I answered most of the survey with all fake answers just to see what kind of questions they were. Some of the questions asked seem like they belong in the census. Very personal.:eek: I gave up near the end.

ps: Some nice new emoticons added, nice work MT:cool:

Last edited: