Malwarebytes Survey? Is this real or a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
Trying to download the latest version, a survey popped up.
While filling the survey I faced the following question:

What is your gender?
-Male
-Female
-Other (Please specify)

i couldn't resist from the answer below.
n4OQ3A7DTBS2P8TacvuRAw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Not sure but it looks like a statistical survey asking for general information, but probably I wouldn't answered. Nowadays around every corner of the street you always find someone who wants to know as much as possible about you.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 65228

The survey is embedded into the HTML document for the download page over on the ToolsLib website.

Code:
<div class="modal fade" id="surveyModal" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" aria-labelledby="surveyModalLabel">
<div class="modal-dialog modal-md" role="document">
<div class="modal-content">
<div class="modal-header">
<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-label="Close">
<span aria-hidden="true">&times;</span>
</button>
<h4 class="modal-title" id="surveyModalLabel">Take a survey, chance to win an iPad!</h4>
</div>
<div class="modal-body text-center">
<div class="text-center">
<p>Click the button below to start a short survey. It will only take two minutes of your time. By completing the survey you are entered into a drawing to win an iPad!</p>
<p>Don't worry, your download of AdwCleaner will complete while you fill out the survey.</p>
</div>
</div>
<div class="modal-footer text-center">
<div class="text-center">
<a class="btn btn-primary btn-lg" href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AdwCleanerSurvey" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Start survey</a>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Please see the following change log:
New survey on the download page, with metering. Please answer to help making the future of AdwCleaner!

Source: AdwCleaner

This is evidence that the survey is genuinely from Malwarebytes, and I hope this helped you. :)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
That comes to my answer, Identifying me as a... Pickle... :LOL:

You're green small and wrinkled... I'm not sure pickle is a wrong answer ;)

Anyway whenever I'm hit by a survey or a "we want to know about your experience" site or email I always ignore it... I'll not spend my time giving anyone more data about their target user base....

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Well I want to have some from MB confirm it, because if they did indeed do it I could no longer trust them. If you are curious as to why PM me

Reactions: jadinolf

L S

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
I use to do the survey on the legitimate sites - but always stoped on half, now I don't do it even it's from a legitimate sites / legitimate survey,
= I Don't Do Surveys = ;););) :):)

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I received the pop up survey today when I downloaded Adwcleaner. I answered most of the survey with all fake answers just to see what kind of questions they were. Some of the questions asked seem like they belong in the census. Very personal.:eek: I gave up near the end.

ps: Some nice new emoticons added, nice work MT:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.