- Nov 10, 2017
Malwarebytes is a high performance anti-malware application that thoroughly removes even the most advanced malware and spyware. Malwarebytes version 4.xx brings comprehensive protection against today’s threat landscape so that you can finally replace your traditional antivirus.
You can finally replace your traditional antivirus, thanks to a innovative and layered approach to prevent malware infections using a healthy combination of proactive and signature-less technologies. While signatures are still effective against threats like potentially unwanted programs, the majority of malware detection events already come from signature-less technologies like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware; that trend will only continue to grow. For many of you, this is something you already know, since over 50% of the users already run Malwarebytes as their sole security software, without any third-party antivirus.
What’s New in 4.4.8:
- Web Protection False Positives Rapid Response
- Browser Guard integration on FireFox ready and will be released soon
- Enhanced detection and remediation
Some Issues now addressed:
- Fixed: Pluralization issues with trial expiring toast notifications
- Fixed: Trial countdown notifications out of sync with dashboard countdown
- Fixed: Error 32 Sharing Violation during upgrades under certain circumstances
- Fixed: Malwarebytes will not open after Install/Upgrade under certain circumstances
- Fixed: User gets MWAC block page for FPRR-whitelisted website
- Fixed: Mbae.dll is injected for processes protected within pentest mode only after service restart
- Fixed: New Version does not update DisplayName and DisplayVersion values in Uninstall key
- Fixed: Popup dialogs don't close on Escape key
- Fixed: mbam.exe crash on attempt to update to new version
- Fixed: A few (additional) UI minor Issues
Protect your home and business PCs, Macs, iOS and Android devices from the latest cyber threats and malware, including ransomware.