Battle Malwarebytes vs Zemana vs HitmanPro

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
I had an issue with Malwarebytes premium lifetime keys I purchased at Amazon UK and now don't know if I'll still be able to use it anymore.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security already.

Right now I'm looking for a new Anti-Malware software and would like to know which of these below would you recommend in order (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and why would you recommend one over the other. I will buy for 3 PC's.
  • Malwarebytes 3.0 (Premium)
  • Zemana AntiMalware (Premium)
  • HitmanPro malware removal (Premium)
I'm looking for the premium version because I like to have real time protection on.

Thanks!

Last edited:

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
I currently use zemana and HMP as second opinion scanners. I only have HMP because I purchased HMPA which is a different product. IMO Zemana has the best detection ratio out of them all, so I would use zemana. But honestly malwarebytes and HMP is perfectly fine if that's what you prefer.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I use both.. But without realtime-protection, just on demand. In Combo with Emsisoft. But some test from various av-labs shows no good score for malwarebytes (old version)

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
none of them
HMP doesn't have the realtime protection. Only HMP.Alert has but it's a signature-less solution
MB3: buggy and not really strong against non-ransomware threats
ZAM: realtime protection is poor. I'm the tester of ZAM in malware hub. It has failed to protect 78% of the tests (18 fails over 23)

if you have kaspersky internet security, you should learn how to tweak it. If it's properly configured, you don't need anything else

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Zemana results in the MRG test. They seemed to exceed most if not all vendors. I am using it (Thank You MWT!!!) - and I would use this phrase.

Zemana doesn't play.

I also purchased a HitmanPro.Alert w/HMP before Sophos bought it. It is visually appealing sort of the way it stops malware in an active process. Fortunately - I haven't encountered any infections that I am aware of but I use a layered approach. Hitman Pro has really protected me from stuff in the past (and I like the developers as they are very wise and responsive in general). It did have a few FP's that occured often. This was early in development though.

I use ESET Smart Security - and I did make sure to add an exclusion in ESET (ESS) so it wouldn't conflict w/ Zemana Antimalware (Premium) as Much. I had to do the same with MBAM. MBAM locked up my PC (v3 at least).

IMHO - Anything reliable to avoid ransomware is ideal, provided its effective.

Regular backups are the best answer.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Its your config that should shape what to add, all 3 are acceptable,
but using HMP will have noticeably less of a system impact than the
other 2. I have used all 3 and know them well, and with a full blown
security suite you want your companion scanner to be as light as it can be.
Good Luck ;)

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I have Malwarebytes 3.0.6 installed next to Bitdefender Total Security,and i visit some high risk sites from time to time,and sometimes Malwarebytes is blocking a threat and sometimes Bitdefender,nothing ever gets through,I voted Malwarebytes Because I have seen it in Action.

K

KGBagent47

I currently use zemana and HMP as second opinion scanners. I only have HMP because I purchased HMPA which is a different product. IMO Zemana has the best detection ratio out of them all, so I would use zemana. But honestly malwarebytes and HMP is perfectly fine if that's what you prefer.
So if you purchase HMPA you also get unlimited use of HMP scanner and removal?

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
OK so to give you all closure I sorted out my issue with Malwarebytes. Turns out I was just using an outdated license I has and forgot it had been replace by the app. It was a bit strange I purchased lifetime licenses on Amazon UK and then some time after activating them the Malwarebytes App says something along the lines of "there was a problem with your license key and it is replaced with this new one". I forgot about that and tried to use the old one again instead of the new one they replaced. Has anyone also had this kind of issue?

Bottom line I will keep Malwarebytes (3.0 on Dektop and old 2.2.1 on laptop because 3.0 crashed it like crazy!) and Kaspersky Internet Security. I'm also using now Zemana Anti-Malware Free for on demand scans.

Reactions: JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.