Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello everyone,
We've done some small changes to the MalwareTips Black Wave theme (Dark layout) and we want to know if you like these changes. We've used more toned-down colors, and we've changed the layout of the buttons. We'll keep updating this theme over the next week, however, we want to hear what can we do to improve it.

1.jpg

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
A suggestion, when dark mode is activated you see a square around the avatars in a specific section. Attached is an image for better understanding.
fdefgregfr.png

Edit: that's the only detail I don't like about the dark theme, everything else is great.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Been testing also on my phone and noted a possible issue in the editor when I was typing a reply in a profile. Got some never seen before character and forgot take a screenshot, but will hopefully fix that next time I see it.

The semi-green color also visible in members online Avatar feature and the blue seen in the supplied screenshot, I personal find a bit pale. The general darkness I could even go with more dark same as in the header and footer but, it's well enough balanced at the moment. Toogle the sidebar and width seems to work as it should and so far nothing else of major concern seen or found. (y):emoji_beer:

W0vDQyFu_o.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I generally use dark theme and like the grey areas but would it be possible to lighten up the really black background?
Can't comment on this theme because I use the default theme and personally find all this black too dark, but kudos for keeping to improve this great website.
I've tried in the past to make it a more bright, however, most of the members liked it this deep black. In the boxes where there is text I've actually increased the brightness and I've only kept it dark in the secondary backgrounds (where there's no text).
A suggestion, when dark mode is activated you see a square around the avatars in a specific section. Attached is an image for better understanding.
Sure, it will be done. : D
The semi-green color also visible in members online Avatar feature
I've changed this color to a more bright green.
blue seen in the supplied screenshot, I personal find a bit pale.
I've used it because it's visible when outside and is easier on the eyes. Previously it was way more bright blue. : P

The general darkness I could even go with more dark same as in the header and footer but, it's well enough balanced at the moment.
I generally use dark theme and like the grey areas but would it be possible to lighten up the really black background?
:p

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Correlate disappears in dark mode! I tried Firefox and Chrome (the latter only with Norton Safe Web and the IBM extension).

View attachment 229030
I've "fixed" this even though this wasn't a bug. @Correlate is using an avatar with a transparent background, anyway, the avatar should look good now.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
here's a problem the profile pic the circle stroke is not clear as white ;/

take a look at this
u3CWBAn.jpg

it's not our problem i think you changed it recent today because i didnt see any circle stroke as white since MT dark mode started...

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@CyberTech . I can see the circle on your Avatar perhaps ain't 100% clear white but, the Avatar image on @Lobito Punky is not as choppy or unsharp around the edges as in that screenshot. Not on my machine anyway, and I tested with several browsers.

You should test and compare both classic and no classic themes. Also try re-upload the image/picture.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Any theme that doesn't hurt my eyes as i have photosensitive eyes, I'm all in favour of. I even have my laptop & phone screens brightness low.

~LDogg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Correlate is using an avatar with a transparent background
here's a problem the profile pic the circle stroke is not clear as white ;/

take a look at this
u3CWBAn.jpg

it's not our problem i think you changed it recent today because i didnt see any circle stroke as white since MT dark mode started...
Yes, was related to the previous fix. It should look good now.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
@CyberTech . I can see the circle on your Avatar perhaps ain't 100% clear white but, the Avatar image on @Lobito Punky is not as choppy or unsharp around the edges as in that screenshot. Not on my machine anyway, and I tested with several browsers.

You should test and compare both classic and no classic themes. Also try re-upload the image/picture.

Thanks for reply man i tested on both themes & use different browser its same problem, my avatar size is 400x400 pixels and also recommended avatar size as same by MT....

Yes, was related to the previous fix. It should look good now.

now its better :D thanks for your time...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.