New Features malwaretips.com is now on HTTPS (SSL - Secure Connection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Because of this, we are now embrace for possible future attacks that who wants to break the HTTPS ;)

However that risk is so minimal due to this adjustment.

@Secondmineboy: Wilderssecurity is already in the corner for many years but seems a quite surprise for their not in HTTPS since its a well established forum discussion site.

Its not an excuse for possible expenses though. ;)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
We are now getting an A+ rating for our connection... Let me know if the rating has changed in Kaspersky's view.
I just found where is the problem here about getting so low rating... if in KTS2016MR0c I just disable the so called setting "Always Scan encrypted connections" at all (Do not scan encrypted connections), then I get the best rating:

Sin_t_tulo.png

So the low rating is because the intervention of the certificate by Kaspersky Root Certificate, it seems They still using SHA-1 but SHA-256.

Last edited:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
A little off-topic but- about the wikipedia article, MalwareTips will not probably be notable enough to be posted as a website, or an organization. Please refer to this link for more information:

Wikipedia:Article wizard/Website notability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And This One:

Wikipedia:Article wizard/Company notability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So we could try, but since MalwareTips has not won any awards and is not a very large forum-based community compared to some huge communities, we probably are not applicable for a wikipedia article.

teAenforcer

Nov 11, 2016
Hello,
As you may have noticed MalwareTips is now running on a secure connection (HTTPS). Even if we do not handle sensitive (financial) informations like e-commerce sites do, we still want to provide a secure connection for our members.
There should not be any kind of slow downs due to the secure connections, and everything should run smoothly. As always if you encounter any errors or issues feel free to send me a private message.
You should now always have a green lock in your address bar right besides the MalwareTips link.

malwaretips.com - Your Security Advisor
Google Chrome​

Regardless of the justification for this, it's great to see TLS being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.