MalwareTips Community 2019 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Are there metrics kept on which reaction smiley is used the most, least, etc? Are the upvote and applause ones maybe a little redundant? Is there an open-mindedness to adding another one? How about this one? How many questions can you squeeze into one post? Lol?

iuPFAPBR8B.jpg

I tell you, there have been a number of posts where I really wanted to smack this one on there. Or maybe it's too emotionally charged at times? Maybe it could be used in a malicious way, as during an argument.... but could it be considered, though?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey guys,

I tell you, there have been a number of posts where I really wanted to smack this one on there. Or maybe it's too emotionally charged at times?
We had in plan to add the "Love" icon to the reactions, however, we thought that "Thanks" would cover it. We'll consider adding it.

Are the upvote and applause ones maybe a little redundant?
I've renamed "Upvote" to "+Reputation" to differentiate it from the "Applause" reaction. In the long run, we plan to show the Reputation points with the messages, next to the avatar and limit this reaction to the Verified Members. Reputation points will also be a big factor when advancing Levels (starting with 50).

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hey guys,

We had in plan to add the "Love" icon to the reactions, however, we thought that "Thanks" would cover it. We'll consider adding it.

I've renamed "Upvote" to "+Reputation" to differentiate it from the "Applause" reaction. In the long run, we plan to show the Reputation points with the messages, next to the avatar and limit this reaction to the Verified Members. Reputation points will also be a big factor when advancing Levels (starting with 50).
Looking good Jack!! (y)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello everyone,
1. Yesterday, we've implemented Native Lazy Loading for browsers that support this loading technique. Right now that's Chrome and Chromium browser at version 76 and above (eg. Opera, Edge Dev +Beta). This means that images, attachments, and videos will be loaded only when you scroll near them, so this should make the initial load of the thread faster.
Details: Native lazy-loading for the web | web.dev

Here a few threads that will show how native lazy loading at work:
-----

2. You can now search for Conversations, by different criteria, similar to posts.
1 (1).jpg3.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Today, we've done some minor style changes for the default theme (MWT Wave). These changes include: buttons, borders, and colors.
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

We will continue to update this theme, and the next week I'll do some small changes to the dark theme (MWT Black Wave).

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Also, today we've added a new feature "Classic mode". Next to the Dark mode toggle, there should be a Classic mode toggle. If you enable this, the layout of the messages within a thread will change. Try it out.
4.jpg

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Dark vs Classic.

Frankly I miss some of the stuff how it looks, for example the big Avatars in posts that's available in the classic but, even if also the PM system looks and feels better, the progress/change that happened I strongly believe was and still is in the best interest for the whole community not just now but also for the future. My vote therefor goes to the Dark ( Black Wave ) theme.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Also, today we've added a new feature "Classic mode". Next to the Dark mode toggle, there should be a Classic mode toggle. If you enable this, the layout of the messages within a thread will change. Try it out.
View attachment 229031
We've added the icons that lead to each member's config in the Classic mode themes. We've tried to keep it minimal without too many style elements.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.