Guide | How To Manage the items in the context menus

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Yes Please Umbra sir, I would love to see the softwares that are better than Glary utilities. Would help me develop my knowledge more.
And when I say its easy its about automatic and yes not manually.
Ur post showed both manually and with software.
Beginners may find it hard so this would help them much better. Manually there's one one way i.e of regedit and if there's more than do list them. I would love to read about them.
thanks for ur reply sir :)

D

Deleted member 178

whizkidraj said:
I would love to see the softwares that are better than Glary utilities. Would help me develop my knowledge more.

Windows 7 (or 8) Manager is my favorite but i dont use it anymore except in certain cases that may take too much times.

Ur post showed both manually and with software.

yes and free

Beginners may find it hard so this would help them much better.

hard as beginning but the only way to improve

i will say:

"beginners go to the IT repair shop and pay, experts are the ITs" and i dont like to pay for things i can do myself ;)

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Sorry for late reply :p. Ok so
Windows 7 (or 8) Manager is my favorite but i dont use it anymore except in certain cases that may take too much times.
It might be ur favorite sir but not worth a try as much as Glary Utilities.
U said u could list dozens of software better than glary and listed only 1 poor software in my opinion.
Now i give u 2 reasons on y to chose glary utilities.
Recommended by Craig Chamberlin Sir in his win 7 faster series and also in the newest win xp faster series 2012 which i already gave hyperlink of. And he is a true IT guy with more knowledge and experience than us here.

Also Glary Utilities is ranked 1 in cnet's download list and rated 5/5 stars by the CNET staff. And CNET's software reviewing staff again same or more better than Craig sir and its download count is much ahead than the 2nd ranked software because people of all types i.e IT or beginners like it.

hard as beginning but the only way to improve
i will say:
"beginners go to the IT repair shop and pay, experts are the ITs" and i dont like to pay for things i can do myself ;)
True. U should learn everything Ur self how to do it manually like expert ITs. But as i stated this trick is easy because u don't have do it manually. If u want to do it manually and learn then I would have done this as all other people do http://bit.ly/ZYhnml.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Glary is great but there are some other freeware which can do the job. I dont recollect but I usually do the registry editing,
After customizing my windows to the max i am comfortable with reg editing.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
other freewares are there obviously who said they aren't available. But as I posted above with so much of explanation that glary is much more or I can continue it to most best free PC optimization and maintenance software. Do comment when u recall some of the softwares and compare them to glary. U won't and I mean it won't find any. If u don't recall then I have name of such software which is CCleaner. It can also be used to do the same but glary has more features collectively and is used by most people than it.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Please only comment with Ur software suggestion with proper reviews of if, if it might be better than what I've suggested to use in this post as v r not to create a debate here. And give ur views and vote if u liked this trick and it served to ur PCs health. A Kudos would be more welcomed ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Ccleaner, Tuneup utilities, Windows 7 manager, iobit system care, auslogics bootspeed, wisecare365, etc.. the list is too long...

and sorry but for Glary but i dont trust them since they were spreading malwares even innocently: http://forum.glarysoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=342

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
http://forum.glarysoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=342
The post is of year 2009 and v r nearing the end of 2012. So i don't bother about this link.
And read my above post sir all the softwares that u mentioned and etc the list is too long they are all at the bottom of glary utilities. I gave u so much of explanation still u r giving such bad suggestions. not expected sorry.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Re: Virus warning in glary utilities!

Postby ant » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:20 pm
I was wondering why my Norton AntiVirus 2002 was telling me infections in two files! Also others' scanners said the same online:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresul ... 288c0846d6
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/ea0e ... 1251206238
http://scanner.virus.org/scan/ZhmClDx3M ... bf0433851b

I checked for updates for GU Pro and upgraded. Then, did a rescan and no more infections! So, it seems to have been fixed. Yay!!
. Problem fixed on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:20 pm

D

Deleted member 178

i know that, but for a cleaning soft, being coded with a malware inside is quite "unprofessional" :D

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
past is past. from 2009 to 2012 see how they progressed to rank 1 on cnet. That matters much. Y to bother about its past. Now please some nice words for my tutorial and if u like it. The discussion is over I guess :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am sure Glary Utilities is a good piece of software.I personally would not pay for a software like this when I can use freeware that is just as good or better or as Umbra posted in his tutorial,manually.CCleaner is free and all I have to do is:
Code:
Click Tools on CCleaner's left pane.
Click Startup on the pane next to that.
Click the Context Menu tab.
Select your unwanted options.
Click the Disable button.

Here are some other freeware programs that clean the context menu

Context Menu Editor 1.0

MMM free

Please forgive me,I am missing the tutorial {aside from doing it with Glary Utilities}part in this thread

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Still u not understanding, read my previous posts. Who said to pay for Glary Utilities. I'd given the cnet link also u didn't read well. Glary Utilities is a freeware software and a full suite, and by suite I mean a collection of many tools including what tutorial I've posted this for i.e the context menu editor.
I'm saying this now for the last time that it is a freeware and u can upgrade it full paid version which is not necessary but I personally use its paid version as its keys are the most easiest to find by just googling them and not thinking about paying for them like u r sir.
Again have a quick look at this screenshot
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2479/12038708.jpg
and read my previous posts and reviews by Craig Sir.
And the softwares which u mentioned like CCleaner. I've already said in my previous post that CCleaner does the job but glary has most features than any of them as its a full software suite containing of optimization and maintenance tools and same answer for context menu editor or to any new software that u might think of. All would lack behind glary in ranking, downloads, 5/5 stars from CNET staff, reviewed and recommened by true IT master Craig sir and in features collectively.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.