There is a new version out:
ScreenHunter_133 Dec. 21 15.28.jpg

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I really like Macrium Reflect couple that with viBoot and you got yourself a solid backup solution there!

Link to viBoot: Macrium Software | Macrium viBoot

Great information can be found here: Macrium viBoot - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

If you are a home user this is a powerful too. Even in corporate use this tool is super amazing as it allows you so much flexibility for testing. Simply amazing.

I agree with @shmu26 the free version is far less buggy than the paid version right now from what I am seeing. I only use the free version, but I have friends who use the paid version. My friends always comment on how I have less issues with the free than they do with the paid.

Thanks for posting the updates @ticklemefeet !

~Brian

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't see the viBoot option in my Marcrium. Do you have to boot to your removable media?
I think you need to enable it when installing. Go to where you uninstall programs, and choose modify, and enable it.
You will probably need to also enable hyper-V in windows components

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
In my case 1809 wrecked even MR boot menu and even had problems with boot via WinPE, but somehow I managed to restore MR 1803 image.
Always keep a copy of HBCD PE on your USB drive, it uses free version of MR. I always use that. With Windows I've zero trust because a random update from MSFT will kill everything.

Reactions: stefanos

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Always keep a copy of HBCD PE on your USB drive, it uses free version of MR. I always use that. With Windows I've zero trust because a random update from MSFT will kill everything.
Besides making a Macrium Reflect CD or flash drive, you can also add the recovery environment to your boot menu. This is particularly convenient, because you don't have to go fumbling for your flash drive (which you might have already overwritten with something else) and also because it gives you easy access to the Windows recovery environment, as well.
From this boot entry, you can make full, differential and incremental backups, you can restore backups, and you can mount backup images in order to browse them and retrieve files.
You can also repair boot problems.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I have not been able to boot to MF recovery on hard drive for some time. Maybe I will try add it again. I had to use the fix boot options a few time in the past.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Besides making a Macrium Reflect CD or flash drive, you can also add the recovery environment to your boot menu. This is particularly convenient, because you don't have to go fumbling for your flash drive (which you might have already overwritten with something else) and also because it gives you easy access to the Windows recovery environment, as well.
From this boot entry, you can make full, differential and incremental backups, you can restore backups, and you can mount backup images in order to browse them and retrieve files.
You can also repair boot problems.
I always carry a flash drive with me so I'm used to it.

Reactions: shmu26 and stefanos

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Besides making a Macrium Reflect CD or flash drive, you can also add the recovery environment to your boot menu. This is particularly convenient,

I agree, I've been using it for years. Sure beats pressing the F8 BIOS boot select key (with an Asus board) to select the flash drive. The recovery environment automatically shows up as a System Startup option every time I boot the PC. This option is recommended for the sheer convenience it offers.

The USB does duty only when I need to secure erase the SSD and restore the OS using a Reflect image.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I agree, I've been using it for years. Sure beats pressing the F8 BIOS boot select key (with an Asus board) to select the flash drive. The recovery environment automatically shows up as a System Startup option every time I boot the PC. This option is recommended for the sheer convenience it offers.

The USB does duty only when I need to secure erase the SSD and restore the OS using a Reflect image.
I use the flash drive also when I borked my boot so bad that I can't even get to the built-in recovery environment. This happened to me recently when setting up a dual boot with Linux.

Reactions: R2D2 and Vasudev
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.