Comodo Firewall with default settings
Avira Free Antivirus
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebyte's Antimalware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox with following extensions: AdBlock Plus, WOT, Bitdefender TrafficLight, BetterPrivacy
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner, MyDefrag
File and Photo backup
Windows Backup
System recovery
Windows Backup

Mark69

Thread author
Verified
Dec 16, 2012
Hi guys,

I was just trying to understand wheter my desktop PC hardening setup may be considered solid or if I shall think of something more/better in order to achieve a very solid system.

My level of risk is set to High for two main reasons:

- I use to run many bank operations and financial movements online through my PC
- It happens I sometimes download files through Utorrent software. In this case I have installed Peerblock with several IP block lists.

Thanking your for your advices...

Mark69

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
For Windows 7 :

Browsers Plugins :
This are a few plugins that will make your live more easy and comfortable:

D

Deleted member 178

Comodo does what Zemana AL does, also you are on a x64 system and ZAL is not fully compatible with it (some of its modules will not fully protect you), i suggest you to use something like Keyscrambler or Zemana free (that encrypt your keystrokes) if you worry during banking.

Mark69

Thread author
Verified
Dec 16, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Comodo does what Zemana AL does, also you are on a x64 system and ZAL is not fully compatible with it (some of its modules will not fully protect you), i suggest you to use something like Keyscrambler or Zemana free (that encrypt your keystrokes) if you worry during banking.

Hi Umbra,

thx for your suggestion. I just download the newest version of Keyscrambler personal and I happily realized it is now fully compatible with Firefox.

I remember some time ago I had it installed but starting from some older version of Firefox, Keyscrambler was not compatible. But now it seems ok :)

D

Deleted member 178

just uninstall ZAL, it afford you nothing more than Comodo FW. and it will uses some resources for nothing.

Mark69

Thread author
Verified
Dec 16, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
just uninstall ZAL, it afford you nothing more than Comodo FW. and it will uses some resources for nothing.

I just uninstalled ZAL. I didn't that Comodo Firewall has anti-keylogger function.

D

Deleted member 178

Mark69 said:
I just uninstalled ZAL. I didn't that Comodo Firewall has anti-keylogger function.

you can see it on defense+ settings, you must set Comodo's configuration on "proactive mode".

Mark69

Thread author
Verified
Dec 16, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Mark69 said:

you can see it on defense+ settings, you must set Comodo's configuration on "proactive mode".

I already have Comodo FW on "proactive mode" and Defense+ setting is below the highest level (which is paranoid) which is Safe i guess....is that ok?

D

Deleted member 178

yep all is ok. ;)

did you set the exclusions of Avast in Comodo and vice-versa?

Mark69

Thread author
Verified
Dec 16, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
yep all is ok. ;)

did you set the exclusions of Avast in Comodo and vice-versa?

I don't think I have made that, man :s
I supposed both software made that automatically....is that...just a stupid guess?:blush:

D

Deleted member 178

Mark69 said:
I supposed both software made that automatically....is that...just a stupid guess?:blush:

i will say that differently :p

don't worry, just do as my guide

for the procedure just replace Emsisoft processes by Avast's ones and ignore the AV part of Comodo.

Comodo processes are "cfp.exe" and cmdagent.exe" that must be exclude in Avast's

Mark69

Thread author
Verified
Dec 16, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Mark69 said:

for the procedure just replace Emsisoft processes by Avast's ones and ignore the AV part of Comodo.

Very kind of you thanks.
I am going and immediately follow your guide. I'll brb ;)

Mark69

Thread author
Verified
Dec 16, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Mark69 said:

Comodo processes are "cfp.exe" and cmdagent.exe" that must be exclude in Avast's

Done :)

D

Deleted member 178

ah i forgot, which comodo version did you installed? v5.10 or v5.12 ?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
You can also add the things I suggested...

Mark69

Thread author
Verified
Dec 16, 2012
McLovin said:
You can also add the things I suggested...

Hi McLovin,
sorry if I have not yet answered to your message, I was going to do that :)

As you can check from my first message, I already have AD Block Plus extension installed in my Firefox but, as a matter of fact I have not LastPass.

I am some sort of doubtful about that extension, I consider "passwords" as very very sensible and important stuff and I am some reluctant to put password on that extension's hands....what do you think?

D

Deleted member 178

The passwords you put on it are crypted on a secured server, i use lastpass all the time, but i dont put any banking passswords on it, kept them on my brain :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.